Macintosh Computers Day – Do you like Apple Macintosh Computers? Well, guess what there is a day for us Mac Gurus.
You don’t hear much of it called Macintosh anymore, but by Apple. The first Macintosh Computer came out January 1984. Held annually on January 24th. It was first introduced at the 1984 Super Bowl. The Macintosh computer has come a long way since the very first one, the Macintosh 128K with a 9-inch screen.
Macintosh Computers Day
I am not really sure when this holiday started, but I like to share about unusual holidays we have.
Mac is short for Macintosh.
Being a graphic designer I have used Macintosh computers. However, some do use PC’s, but I prefer Macs for graphic design.
- The original name for Macintosh was McIntosh after the apple. It was later changed to Macintosh because there was a company already called McIntosh.
- The first mass-market personal computer that featured a graphical user interface, built-in screen
- Didn’t rely on text commands to move around, it used a mouse.
- The Macintosh Computer originally came with MacWrite and MacPaint.
- Heralded the era of graphical user interface (GUI)
- The First commercial for Macintosh was during the Super Bowl XVIII on January 22, 1984.
- In the Disney Pixar robot film WALL-E, you might recognize the sound made by our hero when he is fully recharged – it’s the same noise made by Apple Macs when switched on.
- The early 128K Mac? Should you feel the need to dismantle it, you ’ll find the signatures of the original design team molded into the inside of its case.
- All iPods, iPhones
andiPads are captured on their website, will show their clocks at 9.41 am – the traditional time for Apple product launches.
First published January 22, 2018. Last updated or republished January 23, 2020.
A Christian Blogger that enjoys blogging about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Family, Cats, Odd Holidays and much more. I have been blogging since 2004, however, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I enjoy listening to Christian Music. I am married with 1 daughter, 2 step-sons and a step daughter.