Macintosh Computers Day – Do you like Apple Macintosh Computers? Well, guess what there is a day for us Mac Gurus.
Macintosh Computers Day
You don’t hear much of it called Macintosh anymore, but by Apple. The first Macintosh Computer came out January 1984. Held annually on January 24th. It was first introduced at the 1984 Super Bowl. The Macintosh computer has come a long way since the very first one, the Macintosh 128K with a 9-inch screen.
I am not really sure when this holiday started, but I like to share about unusual holidays we have.
Mac is short for Macintosh.
Being a graphic designer I have used Macintosh computers. However, some do use PC’s, but I prefer Macs for graphic design.
- The original name for Macintosh was McIntosh after the apple. It was later changed to Macintosh because there was a company already called McIntosh.
- The first mass-market personal computer that featured a graphical user interface, built-in screen
- Didn’t rely on text commands to move around, it used a mouse.
- The Macintosh Computer originally came with MacWrite and MacPaint.
- Heralded the era of graphical user interface (GUI)
- The First commercial for Macintosh was during the Super Bowl XVIII on January 22, 1984.
- In the Disney Pixar robot film WALL-E, you might recognize the sound made by our hero when he is fully recharged – it’s the same noise made by Apple Macs when switched on.
- The early 128K Mac? Should you feel the need to dismantle it, you ’ll find the signatures of the original design team molded into the inside of its case.
- All iPods, iPhones
andiPads are captured on their website, will show their clocks at 9.41 am – the traditional time for Apple product launches.
Did you know there is a day to name your personal computer? It’s called Name Your PC Day! Learn More!
First published January 22, 2018. Last updated or republished January 21, 2021.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner