I seen this craft on Facebook too and figured I would have to give it a try and see how it turns out. I figured I would share with you this craft.
- Glow Sticks
- Diamond Glitter
- Mason Jar (or washed Glass Jar with Lid)
- Safety Glasses
- Newspaper or drop cloth
- Cut the glow stick carefully. (Wear eye protection!)
- Shake the contents of the glow stick into the jar.
- Pour in some Diamond Glitter in the the jar. (start off with a little then shake)
- Put on the lid tightly and securely.
- Shake the Jar.
- You can use Spaghetti or Gravy jars, remove the lid and wash and dry the jar and lid.
- I recommend when you cut the glow stick that you put a type or tarp or newspaper down so you do not get it on the floor, tables or furniture.
- Make sure to wear some kind of eye protection when making this craft.
- You may want to seal the lid, maybe put some type of glue to seal the lid.
- While making these with my daughter, I notice that it works best if you but a little bit of glitter in, then shake it. Then add more and shake it.
- The jar that had a lot of glitter at first barely will glow. You can barely see it, it must be very, very dark room and you still barely can see it.
- Be careful with the cut glow sticks, the liquid will drip everywhere else too.
- My scissors got the liquid on them and parts of the scissors now glow.
- I bought the glitter and glow sticks at the Dollar Tree.
- You can even buy safety glasses as well at the Dollar Tree.
- Never the less I still notice in the one where I used less glitter, the glow liquid collects to the bottom of the jar.
- It is a neat project it was fun to make.
- When you cut the glow stick, I recommend cutting it over the jar so it will drip in the jar as you cut it.
Did you make these or have you made these or something similar. Please share with me your experience, what you learned from making these. Tips you may have. Or anything else you wish to share.
I cannot take credit for this. I saw this on Facebook and had to try it for myself and make it and then share with my readers.
adding another side note:
This glowed for first part of day but like glow sticks the glow doesn’t last long. Now the far just like a glittered jar.