Top 10 Tips For Smooth Boating Safety
It is that time of year again, time to go boating. I live 3 miles from a local lake. This is one thing I wished I could do, get on the lake and enjoy the beauty that God created. Being on the lake you can take your family and show them what God Created. Maybe you can share the Creation story with the family while you are out cruising on the lake.
I do like the out doors like going walking around the block, hiking in the woods and mountains and I would enjoy being on the lake too.
When hitting open waters this season, safety should be a top priority for passengers AND the boat itself! Before setting sail, check out these 10 helpful tips to keep everyone onboard and your boat safe.
1. Use and maintain the right safety equipment required by law. Have a U.S. Coast Guard–approved life jacket for each person onboard and one approved throwable device for any boat 16 feet and longer. Keep a fire extinguisher handy for unexpected flames.
2. If you are doing any water sports or out-of-boat activities, make sure someone is in the boat watching everyone in the water and keeping an eye out for any issues.
3. Make sure your boat lights are in working order and always test them before the boat leaves the dock. Carry extra batteries and flashlights as backup.
4. Create an emergency supply kit and keep it handy. Items to include: cell phone, maps, flares, shelf-stable snacks and a first aid kit. Store in a floating pouch in an easily accessible area of the boat.
5. Keep a close eye on the weather and bring a radio. If bad weather is approaching, get off the water early to avoid possible disaster.
6. Before heading out, tell someone where you are going and when you expect to return.
7. Apply protective sunscreen on exposed AND covered skin. Renew it every couple of hours and after going in the water.
8. Keep your boat shipshape and clean and protect its surfaces with products developed specifically for boat maintenance. Use 303 Citrus Cleaner & Degreaser to safely clean vinyl, leather and plastic. It also offers UVA/UVB blockers for maximum protection from the sun. For an additional layer of UV protection and to help repel water on the boat’s surface, apply 303 Quick Wax. Apply 303 Clear Vinyl Protective Cleaner to enhance visibility and to safely clean and protect against yellowing and cracking of vinyl, clear vinyl, Strataglass™ and Eisenglass.
9. To restore power, maximize fuel economy, prevent ethanol damage, clean the fuel system, and for better water removal from marine engines, many boaters turn to STA-BIL 360° Marine. Used at every fill-up, its unique vapor technology protects above and below the fuel line.
10. Remember to not pollute, as debris could affect wildlife and other boaters.
For further advice, go to www.goldeagle.com.
Article compliments of North Ameircan Precis Syndicate (NAPS) Any products mentioned are mention for this article. Use these articles at your own risk. I am not getting paid to share or endorsed any products listed with these tips. I am sharing these tips to help families and give some safety tips. I am sure there are other similar products that will work just as good as the mentioned products. Plus these tips are done up by NAPSnet and used as a guideline.
A Christian Blogger that enjoys blogging about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Family, Cats, Odd Holidays and much more. I have been blogging since 2004, however, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I enjoy listening to Christian Music. I am married with 1 daughter, 2 step-sons and a step daughter.