Sausage Balls – One of my favorite easy homemade snacks are sausage balls! An easy recipe using sausage, cheese, flour and a few other items.
I love sausage balls. My mom use to make them all the time more so around Christmas. So I want to share with you how I make my sausage balls. A very easy and simple recipe.
- 1 Package Ground Sausage (Hot or Mild)
- 2/3 To 1 Cup Cup of Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Package of Shredded Cheese
- Seasonings (Optional)
- Flaxseeds (Optional)
- Chai Seeds (Optional)
- 1-2 Spoonfuls of minced garlic (optional)
You can use Bisquick in lie of flour and baking soda. I have used the cheddar garlic Bisquick and it makes them taste better.
I prefer the Hot Sausage. But you can use Mild. I am sure you can even use the Sage Sausage too if you wish.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°.
- Take a mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients together.
- Continue to knead by hand the ingredients together like you would bread dough.
- Once you have combined all the ingredients roll them into balls.
- Place those small balls on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-25 minutes. (May take longer depending on oven and size of the sausage ball.
- Allow to Cool and Enjoy! They are also good hot, just be careful eating one right out of the oven!
These are great to eat cold or even heated up. Reheat them for a few seconds in the microwave. These make good treats, finger foods, etc. Bring them to the Christmas Party at Church or with the family! They are very easy and simple to make. You can even make them as a family together. I do personally prefer hot, fresh out of the oven. But they are good reheated too.
If you can buy your ground sausage from a local raised meat farmer supplier. If you live in East Tennessee Martin Farms is a great Christian based farmer that raises beef and pork and sells it. USDA inspected etc. No hormones, dyes, etc. All Natural meat. I go to church with the Martin’s. Natural meat is better than the ones that most grocery stores sell. So far I have order & bought a beef sampler pack and it has been yummy. Check out my review of Martin’ Farms.
The Sausage I used in this picture, was sausage I got from the store. First published December 22, 2014. Last updated December 5, 2019.
A Christian Blogger that enjoys blogging about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Family, Cats, Odd Holidays and much more. I have been blogging since 2004, however, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I enjoy listening to Christian Music. I am married with 1 daughter, 2 step-sons and a step daughter.