National Cookie Day
Did you know that The English word “cookie” is derived from the Dutch word “koekie” meaning little cake. Some countries call a cookie a biscuit. It is believed cookies came to America in the 17th Century.
National Cookie Day is held annually December 4.
Types of Cookies
- Bar cookies
- Drop cookies
- Filled cookies
- Molded cookies
- No bake cookies
- Pressed cookies
- Refrigerator cookies
- Rolled cookies
- Sandwich cookies
Cookies also come in all kinds of shapes and sizes.
National Cookie Day Deals
- Great American Cookie Company – Is giving away a free original chocolate chip cookie at participating locations.
- Food City – Free in-store made cookie.
- Quiznos – Free toasted cookie.
- Whole Food Markets – 25 Cent Cookies.
- Insomnia Cookies – Free chocolate chunk cookie – with purchase.
- Christie Cookie Company – Get a free cookie between 8 am – 4 p.m.
- Subway – Giving a free cookie, but rumor has it you have to sing a special version of jingle bells.
- Rocs – Giving a free cookie, but rumor has it you have to sing a special version of jingle bells.
- Nestle Toll House Café by Chip – Buy 2 cookies, get 1 cookie free.
I am sure most grocery stores will be giving away a free cookie. Check with that store, I do believe though most grocery stores if you are under a certain age you can get a free cookie anytime. These offers are also based on availability and not all locations participate.
You may want to make sure you have some milk handy because we all know that milk goes great especially with chocolate chip cookies.
I am sure they are all at participating locations and based on availability of cookies too. I am sure some restrictions may apply at each location too. Check with that location for the full details.
If you know of other places feel free to share in the comments, please and thank you.
First published December 3, 2015. Last republished or updated December 1, 2017.
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.