Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country – Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick #GiveBackBox
Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country
Check the attic and basement: Replay will take any previously used LEGO bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country
Introduced October 2019, The LEGO Group announced the launch of LEGO® Replay, a pilot program that will accept any and all previously used LEGO bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits in the United States. The effort is a collaboration with Give Back Box, Teach For America, and Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston.
The process is simple: collect any loose LEGO bricks, sets, or elements, place them into a cardboard box, and visit www.lego.com/replay to print out a free UPS shipping label. The package will be sent to the Give Back Box facility, where each brick will be sorted, inspected by hand, and given a rigorous cleaning. This process is possible because LEGO bricks are made from high-quality, durable materials, designed to be used for generations.
“We know people don’t throw away their LEGO bricks,” said Tim Brooks, Vice President, Environmental Responsibility at the LEGO Group. “The vast majority hand them down to their children or grandchildren. But others have asked us for a safe way to dispose of or to donate their bricks. With Replay, they have an easy option that’s both sustainable and socially impactful.”
Brooks and his team spent the past three years working on the project to ensure the process met the highest quality and safety standards and adhered to U.S. regulations. They then connected with Give Back Box, a charity dedicated to “recycling” 11 million tons of unused clothing, footwear, and other textiles that end up in U.S. landfills each year.
“I am excited to join the LEGO Group in this pilot program, growing up in Poland, I didn’t have many toys as a child, so this collaboration is rather personal for me. What’s better than giving a child the gift of play? For us, the number of donations we receive is critical to a successful campaign, so we’ve made it as easy as possible for folks at home to send in their idle bricks.”Monika Wiela, founder of Give Back BoxTrending
Teach For America will receive the majority of the elements and will provide them to thousands of classrooms across the country.
“Learning through play can have a tremendous impact on a child’s cognitive development. Through play, children develop fine motor skills, think creatively, and can learn how to problem solve through teamwork,” said Susan Asiyanbi, Teach For America’s chief operating and program officer. “But not everyone has access to such resources. LEGO Replay, and the instructional resources they provide educators, will help give more students access to this opportunity.”
Bricks will also be sent to Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston for their after-school programs. Both non-profits can expect to receive the first shipments in November 2019. Once the pilot is complete in spring 2020, the LEGO Group will evaluate a possible expansion of the program.
LEGO Replay is one of the many sustainable and philanthropic efforts the LEGO Group has announced in the past year. Recent efforts include Plants from Plants, LEGO Braille Bricks and LEGO Audio & Braille Instructions.
For more information please contact:
LEGO Group global press office: [email protected]
Teach For America, Joseph Walsh, [email protected]
Give Back Box, Monica Wiela, [email protected]
Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston, Bailey Snyder, [email protected]
About the LEGO Group:
The LEGO Group’s mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through the power of play. The LEGO System in Play, with its foundation in LEGO bricks, allows children and fans to build and rebuild anything they can imagine.
The LEGO Group was founded in Billund, Denmark in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, its name is derived from the two Danish words LEg GOdt, which means “Play Well.” Today, the LEGO Group remains a family-owned company with products sold in more than 140 countries worldwide. For more information: www.LEGO.com.
About Give Back Box:
Give Back Box® is a social enterprise company whose objective is to change the donation behavior of online retail shoppers and other donors. Created in 2012, it became the first program for online shoppers and other donors to give away unwanted items in a cost and hassle-free way.
About Teach For America:
Teach For America works in partnership with urban and rural communities in more than 50 regions across the country to expand educational opportunities for children. Founded in 1990, Teach For America recruits and develops a diverse corps of outstanding leaders to make an initial two-year commitment to teach in high-need schools and become lifelong leaders in the effort to end educational inequity.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston:
Since its founding in 1893, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston (BGCB) has been providing a safe haven filled with hope and opportunity, ongoing relationships with caring adults, and life-enhancing programs. The organization serves more than 14,000 young people, ages 6-18, in 11 Clubs and YouthConnect.
Check out this blog post about LEGO Bricks to teach Braille
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Snoopy Presents Auld Lang SyneAfter the Peanuts gang experience a disappointing Christmas because Grandma can’t visit, Lucy resolves to throw herself the best New Year’s Eve party ever, while Charlie Brown struggles to accomplish just one of his resolutions before the clock strikes twelve. #Snoopy #SnoopyAuldLangSyne #AuldLangSyne Snoopy Presents Auld Lang Syne appeared first… Read more »
- Food bank ideasFood bank ideas - When donating items to food banks maybe also consider these things to go with what you donate. #donation #foodbank Food bank ideas appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Food bank ideas ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Happy ThanksgivingFrom Courageous Christian Father and my family to yours. I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Give God thanks for what you have and what you don't have. #thanksgiving #HappyThanksgiving Happy Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Thanksgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Daily Thanksgiving brings Thanks LivingDaily Thanksgiving brings Thanks Living! When you take time to think, you will find you have a lot to be thankful for. God has blessed us with so much! #Thanksgiving #Thanksliving Daily Thanksgiving brings Thanks Living appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Daily Thanksgiving brings… Read more »
- Thanksgiving Blog PostThanksgiving Blog Post - Below are Thanksgiving Day Blog post that can be found on Courageous Christian Father. Celebrate this day of Thanks Living by checking out these Thanksgiving related blog post. #Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Blog Post appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Thanksgiving Blog Post… Read more »
- Thanksgiving Day Quiz PrintableThanksgiving Day Quiz, test your Thanksgiving Day knowledge. Only 8 questions to answer too! There is also a free printable version too! Including an answer sheet. #Thanksgiving #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingQuiz #ThanksgivingDayQuiz Thanksgiving Day Quiz Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Thanksgiving Day Quiz Printable ©2004-2021… Read more »
- Good Grief DayGood Grief Day - “Good Grief!” is a phrase often used by Charlie Brown, the main character from Charles Schulz's comic strip, Peanuts. #GoodGriefDay Good Grief Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Good Grief Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- A Thanksgiving PoemA Thanksgiving Poem is written by myself, Steve Patterson. This is done like an acronym acrostic type poem. Plus a free printable version to download and print! #Thanksgiving #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingPoem A Thanksgiving Poem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A Thanksgiving Poem ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- FriendsgivingGiving of thanks with friends, Thanksgiving with friends. #friendsgiving #thanksgiving Friendsgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Friendsgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian Movies,… Read more »
- Heaven’s Most Wanted List Church SignHeaven’s Most Wanted List Church Sign - Is this week's Church Sign Saturday which takes us to Barbourville, KY to Roadside Baptist Church. #Barbourville #BarbourilleKY #ChurchSign #ChurchSigns Heaven’s Most Wanted List Church Sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Heaven’s Most Wanted List Church Sign… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly