Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country – Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick #GiveBackBox
Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country
Check the attic and basement: Replay will take any previously used LEGO bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country
Introduced October 2019, The LEGO Group announced the launch of LEGO® Replay, a pilot program that will accept any and all previously used LEGO bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits in the United States. The effort is a collaboration with Give Back Box, Teach For America, and Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston.
The process is simple: collect any loose LEGO bricks, sets, or elements, place them into a cardboard box, and visit www.lego.com/replay to print out a free UPS shipping label. The package will be sent to the Give Back Box facility, where each brick will be sorted, inspected by hand, and given a rigorous cleaning. This process is possible because LEGO bricks are made from high-quality, durable materials, designed to be used for generations.
“We know people don’t throw away their LEGO bricks,” said Tim Brooks, Vice President, Environmental Responsibility at the LEGO Group. “The vast majority hand them down to their children or grandchildren. But others have asked us for a safe way to dispose of or to donate their bricks. With Replay, they have an easy option that’s both sustainable and socially impactful.”
Brooks and his team spent the past three years working on the project to ensure the process met the highest quality and safety standards and adhered to U.S. regulations. They then connected with Give Back Box, a charity dedicated to “recycling” 11 million tons of unused clothing, footwear, and other textiles that end up in U.S. landfills each year.
“I am excited to join the LEGO Group in this pilot program, growing up in Poland, I didn’t have many toys as a child, so this collaboration is rather personal for me. What’s better than giving a child the gift of play? For us, the number of donations we receive is critical to a successful campaign, so we’ve made it as easy as possible for folks at home to send in their idle bricks.”Monika Wiela, founder of Give Back BoxTrending
Teach For America will receive the majority of the elements and will provide them to thousands of classrooms across the country.
“Learning through play can have a tremendous impact on a child’s cognitive development. Through play, children develop fine motor skills, think creatively, and can learn how to problem solve through teamwork,” said Susan Asiyanbi, Teach For America’s chief operating and program officer. “But not everyone has access to such resources. LEGO Replay, and the instructional resources they provide educators, will help give more students access to this opportunity.”
Bricks will also be sent to Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston for their after-school programs. Both non-profits can expect to receive the first shipments in November 2019. Once the pilot is complete in spring 2020, the LEGO Group will evaluate a possible expansion of the program.
LEGO Replay is one of the many sustainable and philanthropic efforts the LEGO Group has announced in the past year. Recent efforts include Plants from Plants, LEGO Braille Bricks and LEGO Audio & Braille Instructions.
For more information please contact:
LEGO Group global press office: [email protected]
Teach For America, Joseph Walsh, [email protected]
Give Back Box, Monica Wiela, [email protected]
Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston, Bailey Snyder, [email protected]
About the LEGO Group:
The LEGO Group’s mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through the power of play. The LEGO System in Play, with its foundation in LEGO bricks, allows children and fans to build and rebuild anything they can imagine.
The LEGO Group was founded in Billund, Denmark in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, its name is derived from the two Danish words LEg GOdt, which means “Play Well.” Today, the LEGO Group remains a family-owned company with products sold in more than 140 countries worldwide. For more information: www.LEGO.com.
About Give Back Box:
Give Back Box® is a social enterprise company whose objective is to change the donation behavior of online retail shoppers and other donors. Created in 2012, it became the first program for online shoppers and other donors to give away unwanted items in a cost and hassle-free way.
About Teach For America:
Teach For America works in partnership with urban and rural communities in more than 50 regions across the country to expand educational opportunities for children. Founded in 1990, Teach For America recruits and develops a diverse corps of outstanding leaders to make an initial two-year commitment to teach in high-need schools and become lifelong leaders in the effort to end educational inequity.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston:
Since its founding in 1893, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston (BGCB) has been providing a safe haven filled with hope and opportunity, ongoing relationships with caring adults, and life-enhancing programs. The organization serves more than 14,000 young people, ages 6-18, in 11 Clubs and YouthConnect.
Check out this blog post about LEGO Bricks to teach Braille
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- There Was Jesus is a Platinum SingleThere Was Jesus is now a Platinum Single - The hit Christian song There Was Jesus is a platinum single. #therewasjesus #ZachWilliams #DollyParton There Was Jesus is a Platinum Single appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at There Was Jesus is a Platinum Single ©2004-2022 by… Read more »
- Prayer BoxThe Dollar Tree sells Prayer Boxes #prayerbox Prayer Box appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Prayer Box ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian Movies,… Read more »
- Threading ThursdaySteve Sews Stuff Threading Thursday we gotta have thread to sew or quilt! Threading Thursday I guess threading is almost everyday, but I picked Thursday since they both start with a T. I just might blog about thread. Who knows! If you want to make pot holders or bowl cozies,… Read more »
- Good Morning Mercy by Jason CrabbGood Morning Mercy by Jason Crabb is this week’s Christian Music Monday #GoodMorningMercy #JasonCrabb Good Morning Mercy by Jason Crabb appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Good Morning Mercy by Jason Crabb ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner