Kitty Litter Cake – NO Joke this cake looks like a kitty cats litter box. It is a gross out cake but it is edible. #KittyLitterCake
Kitty Litter Cake
This is no joke!
WANT TO HAVE FUN AT A PARTY? USE THIS RECIPE!
IT’S COMPLETELY EDIBLE!!!!
BUT YOUR FRIENDS MAY NOT THINK SO!
When this blog post was first published, I had the wrong information. I apologize on that. Rose Hughes in Washington State is the owner of this image and stated she started making this recipe.
Below is what I had
I first got this in an email in 2009. Then with a visit to our veterinarian in 2009, to get shots for our cat I found this recipe for Kitty Litter Cake also on the waiting room bulletin board. After recovering from hysterical laughter, I obtained a copy from the office staff. (This was in 2009)
I took it to work and gave the recipe to a lady at work who loves cats. The pictures in this blog post, show the results of her work. It doesn’t look very nice, but it’s actually quite tasty, so I decided to pass it along. (This was in 2009)
This cake would be great for any cat themed party! You can also call this a Cat Litter Cake.
But again, this recipe and picture came from Rose Hughes.
- 1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 package white sandwich cookies
- 1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
- A few drops green food coloring
- 12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent
SERVING “DISHES AND UTENSILS”
- 1 NEW cat-litter box
- 1 NEW cat-litter box liner
- 1 NEW pooper scooper
This is very important that you don’t use, used cat-litter items. They must be brand new, never used!
- Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan. Prepare pudding and chill. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.
- When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.
- Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable. Shape the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.
- Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the “litter box”. Heat the remaining Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper.
AGAIN MAKE SURE YOU USE NEW/CLEAN CAT LITTER ITEMS!
If you like this recipe, please share it on your favorite social network.
Update August 17, 2018:
Rose Hughes: I am not sure who your friend was that told you this was the result of her work… but that is not true. This is my cake. My husband and I made it many years before 2009 for an annual Halloween party when we lived in Washington State (off the grid) with dozens of guests that can certainly support my statements here. We are the original owners of this image (Tony & Rose Hughes) Thanks for your attentiveness.
So this image actually belongs to Rose Hughes.
First published October 9, 2006. Last updated or republished August 17, 2018.
#KIttyLitterCake #CatLitterCake #GrossCakes
A Christian Blogger that enjoys blogging about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Family, Cats, Odd Holidays and much more. I have been blogging since 2004, however, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I enjoy listening to Christian Music. I am married with 1 daughter, 2 step-sons and a step daughter.