Homemade Crusty Mac and Cheese – Most everyone loves eating mac and cheese. Here is a recipe for a crusty homemade mac and cheese. #MacandCheese
Homemade Crusty Mac and Cheese
This weeks Funday Sunday Recipe is for this homemade crusty mac and cheese. Mac and Cheese is truly a great southern comfort food.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 – 1/4 cup Cheese Wiz
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
I would leave off the mustard, as I don’t like mustard.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Boil the macaroni in a 2-quart saucepan filled with water, until it is al dente, or still has some snap when you bite it. Strain the pasta and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the shredded cheese, in a medium saucepan over medium heat. The mixture should be barely simmering. Whisk periodically. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheese sauce with the pasta and about one-third of the shredded cheese. Transfer to the baking dish, covering with the remaining shredded cheese, and bake covered for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more, or until the top is golden brown.
“Crusty Mac and Cheese“ from Neal Corman’s “Virgil’s Barbecue Road Trip Cookbook” (St. Martin’s Press).
Article & Photo Compliments of MetroCreative. TF182730
Simple Mac and Cheese
I love Mac & Cheese. I remember making a simple one in Home Economics. We used Macaroni noodles, Velveeta Cheese, Milk and I believe Salt & Pepper. Of course that is the easy version.
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.