Food bank ideas – When donating items to food banks maybe also consider these things to go with what you donate. #donation #foodbank
Food bank ideas
Tips on when you donate food to food banks to think about especially the stuff that goes with it.
- Everyone donates Kraft Mac and Cheese in the box. They can rarely use it because it needs milk and butter which is hard to get from regular food banks.
- Boxed milk is a treasure, as kids need it for cereal which they also get a lot of.
- Everyone donates pasta sauce and spaghetti noodles.
- They cannot eat all the awesome canned veggies and soup unless you put a can opener in too or buy pop tops.
- Oil is a luxury but needed for Rice a-Roni which they also get a lot of.
- Spices or salt and pepper would be a real Christmas gift.
- Tea bags and coffee make them feel like you care.
- Sugar and flour are treats.
- They fawn over fresh produce donated by farmers and grocery stores.
- Seeds are cool in Spring and Summer because growing can be easy for some.
- They rarely get fresh meat.
- Tuna and crackers make a good lunch.
- Hamburger Helper goes nowhere without ground beef.
- They get lots of peanut butter and jelly but usually not sandwich bread.
- Butter or margarine is nice too.
- Eggs are a real commodity.
- Cake mix and frosting makes it possible to make a child’s birthday cake.
- Dishwashing detergent is very expensive and is always appreciated.
- Feminine hygiene products are a luxury and women will cry over that.
- Everyone loves Stove Top Stuffing.
In all the years I have donated food at the Holidays, I bought what I thought they wanted, but have never asked. I am glad I did. If you are helping a Family this Christmas, maybe this can help you tailor it more. It does for me!
I’m not sure who wrote this, if you know, let me know so I can give proper credit. But whom ever wrote this spent time at a food bank.
If you can think of more, feel free to share in the comments below.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Follow on: Threads
See my Book Reading: Good Reads
Thank You For Reading!