A long time ago, in the days before mobile phones, we … (This is a writing prompt)
1. Actually wrote hand written letters and mail them out or personal handed them out. Messages were not instant. We even had special ways we would fold them. We even put them in each others lockers at school.
2. We even went to a person’s house to talk to them. They even came to your house too. No! You didn’t really know if they were home or not. You just went and knocked. We walked to friends houses that lived near by, or we rode our bikes.
3. We use the home phone and called somebody. Even using a rotary phone. (like that shown above). Then we had push button and cordless phone, as I got a little bit older. With the cordless phone you couldn’t go far from the base or let it die.
4. We even played outside and interacted in person with people. It seems we were outside, more than we were inside.
5. We knew phone numbers by memory. You had to know phone numbers in order to dial them. Most phones didn’t have memory to save numbers. If not remembered them, you had an address book with the number written in it.
6. Had to call business for the specials. Like the local pizza joints to see what pizza specials they have. Or even the movies to see what was playing and when.
7. We had an actual alarm clock to wake us up. You had an actual alarm clock that would be set to wake you up, not alarms on a phone!
Before that, you could only be reached if you were home. Now with mobile phones, you can be reached instantly. Sometimes that is good, but there are times you don’t want to be reached.
What did you do before mobile phones?
I’d like to hear from you. Feel free to share in the comments below.
I enjoy listening to nothing but Christian Music. Camping and hiking is something that I enjoy. I guess that is because I am an Eagle Scout. Blogging is something I enjoy doing too. I have been blogging since 2004. However, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I am married with 1 daughter and 2 step-sons and a step daughter.