World MS Day – MS is short for Multiple Sclerosis. This day is a day to help raise awareness of MS. #WorldMSDay #MSDay #MSConnections
Held annually on May 30th. MS hits close to home. My sister had Multiple Sclerosis (MS). She has passed away now.
The MS campaign for 2020-22 is MS Connections
The campaign tagline is ‘I Connect, We Connect’ and the campaign hashtag is #MSConnections
The 2019 campaign was #MyInvisibleMS
The 2018 campaign was #bringinguscloser
(Check out that poster, below)
Per World MS Day website, worldmsday.org, this is what MS is.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is one of the most common neurological disorders and causes of disability in young adults.
There are 2.3 million people with MS worldwide. It is likely that hundreds of thousands more remain undiagnosed and many lives are affected indirectly, through caring for someone with MS.
Most people with MS are diagnosed between the ages of 25 and 31, with around twice as many women diagnosed than men.
The cause of MS is not yet known and as yet there is no cure, though there are treatments available that can help some forms of MS and many things you can do to improve the symptoms.
Shine a Light on MS
There are many places shining a light on MS. They will light up the color orange!
History of MS
- 1868 – Multiple sclerosis is first defined as a medical condition – “la sclérose en plaques” by French neurologist Jean-martin Charcoat.
- 1967 – Sylvia Lawry, founder of the world’s first MS organization, the USA’s National MS Society, establishes the MS International Federation (MSIF).
- 1981 – The first MRI scans of people with MS enabled doctors to see the complex effects of MS on the brain.
- 1993 – The first country approves the first ever disease-modifying treatment for relapsing MS, designed to reduce relapses and slow disease progression.
- 2009 – The very first World MS Day celebrated.
- 2017 – The World’s first treatment for primary progressive MS is approved in several countries.
First published May 30, 2018. Last updated or republished May 20, 2021.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- How Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each otherMemorial Day and Veterans Day each honor the military, though the two holidays are not the same. Never tell a veteran Happy Memorial Day! How Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each other appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at How Memorial Day and Veterans… Read more »
- 3 Memorial Day weekend travel tipsMemorial Day weekend is one of the busiest travel weekends of the year. Often referred to as "the unofficial beginning of summer," Memorial Day and the weekend that precedes it has become synonymous with beach trips and backyard barbecues. Travelers who want to avoid traffic jams and ensure their weekends… Read more »
- Billy Graham Rapid Response Team chaplains deploy to Uvalde, Texas, after 19 children killed in school shootingBilly Graham Rapid Response Team chaplains deploy to Uvalde, Texas, after 19 children killed in school shooting. #Uvalde #UvaldeTX Billy Graham Rapid Response Team chaplains deploy to Uvalde, Texas, after 19 children killed in school shooting appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Billy Graham Rapid… Read more »
- Happy Memorial DayHappy Memorial Day! Thank you to those men and women who died to protect our freedoms. Plus. Special shoutout to One that shed His blood for our ultimate freedom ... Jesus! #MemorialDay Happy Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Memorial Day ©2004-2022… Read more »
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »
- The Leaning Barn – propping me up on the leaning sideThe Leaning Barn - propping me up on the leaning side - “A pastor of a small church would occasionally call on one gentleman to pray, and every time this one particular guy would pray, he would end with the strangest statement, “And, oh Lord, prop us up on our… Read more »
- Born again not born against
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner