God has allowed me to completed The Adrian Rogers Pastor Training Institute on What Every Pastor Ought to Know. Check out my take and the course outline.
Completed The Adrian Rogers Pastor Training Institute on What Every Pastor Ought to Know
The Jefferson County Baptist Association put on this training for local pastors. It was facilitated by Dr. LeRoy Davis. Dr. Davis currently serves as the Director of Missions for the Jefferson County Baptist Association. Thank you Dr. Davis for taking your time to do this training with all of us. My pastor, Bob Neal, also attended with me.
I learned a lot in this training. I do believe this training is not only for pastors, but can be for leaders and deacons of the church. Actually, I would encourage everyone to do this course, as you will learn a lot.
It has helped me understand something better. There are 21 sessions (includes Question and Answers) in this course on 10 DVDs. Adrian Rogers does also come up with some of the most off the wall quotes too. He even uses a lot of alliteration as well. Alliteration is the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.
In this Adrian Rogers Pastor Training Institute What Every Pastor Ought to Know, He even uses Bible verses and references too. I like how the workbook that goes along with the DVD set has blanks. When I say blanks, I mean you fill in the answers to what he talking about. I think this can help you get the keywords of what he is portraying. The workbook also has samples of sermon outlines and more too.
This course was filmed in 2008, the same year that Adrian Rogers passes away. This you can say was his last will in testament to help leave a legacy behind for present and future pastors.
- I – The Pastor’s Job Description
- Section One – The Pastor As Elder (Maturity That Exceeds the Flock)
- II – The Pastor’s Personal Integrity
- III – The Pastor’s Spiritual Priority
- IV, Part 1 – The Pastor’s Marital Fidelity
- IV, Part 2 – The Pastor’s Parental Responsibility
- V – The Pastor’s Sexual Purity
- Section Two – The Pastor As Shepherd (Ministry That Feeds the Flock)
- VI – The Sermon’s Exposition
- VII – The Sermon’s Preparation
- VIII – The Sermon’s Illustration
- IX – The Sermon’s Presentation
- X – The Sermon’s Invitation
- Section Three – The Pastor As Bishop (Management That Leads the Flock)
- XI – The Church’s Organization Principles
- XII – The Pastor’s Spiritual Authority
- XIII – The Pastor’s Personal Leadership
- XIV – Practical Ideas for Your Ministry
Those that that completed it got a certificate of leadership development too. Just like the one I am holding up. (Pictured Below)
More information visit pastortraining.com
A Christian Blogger that enjoys blogging about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Family, Cats, Odd Holidays and much more. I have been blogging since 2004, however, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I enjoy listening to Christian Music. I am married with 1 daughter, 2 step-sons and a step daughter.