TN Hope Line – Are you a over 60 and feeling lonely? Now there is a hope line for those seniors to be able to have someone to listen to them, give them help, hope and encouragement. #TNHopeLine #HopeLine
TN Hope Line
This Hope Line is a partnership of The Governor’s Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiates, Tennessee Baptist Mission Board (TBMB) and Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability.
The TN Hope Line helps those over 60 who feel lonely. It operates Monday to Friday from 9 -3 CT, that is 10-4 ET and helps those over 60 connect with compassionate, trained and loving listeners for help, hope and encouragement. Lonely seniors can call 844–600-8262. The Call if free and this Hope Line is funded by donations.
A 2018 University of Michigan National Poll on Healthy Aging found 27% of adults over 50 said they felt isolated from others. That number jumped to 56% in 2020.
“As many as half a million older adults may go an entire week without seeing or talking to anyone. They need encouragement and a kind listening ear, especially during these times of grief, loneliness, hardship and isolation.”Dave Worland, executive director of the Governor’s Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives
This Hope Line for seniors will be manned by Tennessee Baptist volunteers.
“When this opportunity arose, knowing their heart for serving the Lord, they were the first organization that came to mind. A quick phone call later and they were on board, leading the Tennessee Hope Line, bringing hope and encouragement to older adults across Tennessee. We are thankful for their partnership and eagerness to serve God by serving His people.”Dave Worland, executive director of the Governor’s Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives
“Our ministry to our senior adults will include listening, responding, and serving. As senior adults call in to the Tennessee Hope Line, we will be ready to respond with practical ministry and assistance. Harvest Field volunteers have been enlisted to help us to work with Baptist associations and churches to minister to those who call in.”Joe Sorah, compassion ministries specialist for the TBMB
Sorah stressed that the Tennessee Hope Line “is a wonderful opportunity to meet needs, develop relationships, and share the love of Christ with our senior adult population, a group of 1.2 million in Tennessee. Senior adults make up a sixth of our population. That’s a large segment of our mission field in Tennessee.”
If any of the callers express needs such as food and basic supplies, they will be connected to people and/or services available in their area who could possibly help.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY - National Day of Prayer 2021 #NationalDayofPrayer #LoveLifeLiberty #Love #Life #Liberty #Prayer LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at LORD pour out Your LOVE,… Read more »
- The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the TitanicThe Rare Titanic Family, The Caldwell's, they were missionaries aboard the Titanic. Hear about their survival aboard the sinking Titanic. #Titanic #Titanic104 #RareTitanicFamily #TitanicMissionaries The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- American Sign Language DayAmerican Sign Language Day also known as ASL Day a day to celebrate American Sign Language (ASL). #ASLDAY American Sign Language Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at American Sign Language Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard TitanicJohn Harper was a baptist pastor & a hero aboard the Titanic, a ship they said wouldn't sink. Find out why he is a hero! #Titanic #Titanic104 #JohnHarper #LastTitanicHero John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at John Harper, Baptist… Read more »
- Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912 - This is the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. One if not the most deadliest maritime accidents in history. An Iceberg took out the ship no one thought could sink. This is a day of remembrance of those who lost their lives… Read more »
- Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 VaccineSteveZ MaskZ Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine - As of April 12, 2021, more than 6.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine have been administered in the U.S. CDC and FDA are reviewing data involving six reported U.S. cases of a… Read more »
- The Hand of GodThe Hand of God - With COIVD-19 it changed having guest or visitors for those needing surgeries or hospitalization. That is when some medical staff got creative using hot water and disposable gloves. #HandofGod #Brazil The Hand of God appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021 - 1-800-Flowers.com has named the sunflower as 2021’s Flower of the Year and the Prayer Plant as Plant of the Year. The Praying Plant is also known as the Maranta. #Sunflower… Read more »
- Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one shot of COVID-19 vaccineSteveZ MaskZ Nearly 80 percent of Pre-K-12 teachers, school staff, and childcare workers received at least their first shot of COVID-19 vaccine by the end of March, according to the CDC’s latest estimates and survey data. Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one… Read more »
- The 6 Panel Door: The Cross & The BibleThe 6 panel door is said to represents two Christian symbols. The Cross & an Open Bible. I share if this is true or not about these Cross & Bible Doors / Christian Doors. The 6 Panel Door: The Cross & The Bible appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!