TN Hope Line – Are you a over 60 and feeling lonely? Now there is a hope line for those seniors to be able to have someone to listen to them, give them help, hope and encouragement. #TNHopeLine #HopeLine
TN Hope Line
This Hope Line is a partnership of The Governor’s Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiates, Tennessee Baptist Mission Board (TBMB) and Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability.
The TN Hope Line helps those over 60 who feel lonely. It operates Monday to Friday from 9 -3 CT, that is 10-4 ET and helps those over 60 connect with compassionate, trained and loving listeners for help, hope and encouragement. Lonely seniors can call 844–600-8262. The Call if free and this Hope Line is funded by donations.
A 2018 University of Michigan National Poll on Healthy Aging found 27% of adults over 50 said they felt isolated from others. That number jumped to 56% in 2020.
“As many as half a million older adults may go an entire week without seeing or talking to anyone. They need encouragement and a kind listening ear, especially during these times of grief, loneliness, hardship and isolation.”Dave Worland, executive director of the Governor’s Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives
This Hope Line for seniors will be manned by Tennessee Baptist volunteers.
“When this opportunity arose, knowing their heart for serving the Lord, they were the first organization that came to mind. A quick phone call later and they were on board, leading the Tennessee Hope Line, bringing hope and encouragement to older adults across Tennessee. We are thankful for their partnership and eagerness to serve God by serving His people.”Dave Worland, executive director of the Governor’s Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives
“Our ministry to our senior adults will include listening, responding, and serving. As senior adults call in to the Tennessee Hope Line, we will be ready to respond with practical ministry and assistance. Harvest Field volunteers have been enlisted to help us to work with Baptist associations and churches to minister to those who call in.”Joe Sorah, compassion ministries specialist for the TBMB
Sorah stressed that the Tennessee Hope Line “is a wonderful opportunity to meet needs, develop relationships, and share the love of Christ with our senior adult population, a group of 1.2 million in Tennessee. Senior adults make up a sixth of our population. That’s a large segment of our mission field in Tennessee.”
If any of the callers express needs such as food and basic supplies, they will be connected to people and/or services available in their area who could possibly help.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Prayer BoxThe Dollar Tree sells Prayer Boxes #prayerbox Prayer Box appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Prayer Box ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian Movies,… Read more »
- Threading ThursdaySteve Sews Stuff Threading Thursday we gotta have thread to sew or quilt! Threading Thursday I guess threading is almost everyday, but I picked Thursday since they both start with a T. I just might blog about thread. Who knows! If you want to make pot holders or bowl cozies,… Read more »
- Good Morning Mercy by Jason CrabbGood Morning Mercy by Jason Crabb is this week’s Christian Music Monday #GoodMorningMercy #JasonCrabb Good Morning Mercy by Jason Crabb appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Good Morning Mercy by Jason Crabb ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner