TN Hope Line – Are you a over 60 and feeling lonely? Now there is a hope line for those seniors to be able to have someone to listen to them, give them help, hope and encouragement. #TNHopeLine #HopeLine
TN Hope Line
This Hope Line is a partnership of The Governor’s Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiates, Tennessee Baptist Mission Board (TBMB) and Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability.
The TN Hope Line helps those over 60 who feel lonely. It operates Monday to Friday from 9 -3 CT, that is 10-4 ET and helps those over 60 connect with compassionate, trained and loving listeners for help, hope and encouragement. Lonely seniors can call 844–600-8262. The Call if free and this Hope Line is funded by donations.
A 2018 University of Michigan National Poll on Healthy Aging found 27% of adults over 50 said they felt isolated from others. That number jumped to 56% in 2020.
“As many as half a million older adults may go an entire week without seeing or talking to anyone. They need encouragement and a kind listening ear, especially during these times of grief, loneliness, hardship and isolation.”Dave Worland, executive director of the Governor’s Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives
This Hope Line for seniors will be manned by Tennessee Baptist volunteers.
“When this opportunity arose, knowing their heart for serving the Lord, they were the first organization that came to mind. A quick phone call later and they were on board, leading the Tennessee Hope Line, bringing hope and encouragement to older adults across Tennessee. We are thankful for their partnership and eagerness to serve God by serving His people.”Dave Worland, executive director of the Governor’s Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives
“Our ministry to our senior adults will include listening, responding, and serving. As senior adults call in to the Tennessee Hope Line, we will be ready to respond with practical ministry and assistance. Harvest Field volunteers have been enlisted to help us to work with Baptist associations and churches to minister to those who call in.”Joe Sorah, compassion ministries specialist for the TBMB
Sorah stressed that the Tennessee Hope Line “is a wonderful opportunity to meet needs, develop relationships, and share the love of Christ with our senior adult population, a group of 1.2 million in Tennessee. Senior adults make up a sixth of our population. That’s a large segment of our mission field in Tennessee.”
If any of the callers express needs such as food and basic supplies, they will be connected to people and/or services available in their area who could possibly help.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Follow on Social Media
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Power Band Witnessing Tool BraceletPower Band Witnessing Tool Bracelet (Salvation Bracelet) - A fun craft to make for church, youth group, camp, Vacation Bible School and more. A great way to share the gospel using God's colors on a bracelet. Power Band Witnessing Tool Bracelet appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full… Read more »
- Easter SymbolsEaster Symbols - Easter is replete with many recognized symbols. Tradition plays an important role in Easter celebrations for many families. Cherished traditions and symbols of Easter may include anything from egg hunts to lilies to lambs. Understanding the importance behind these symbols can make sharing the miracle of Easter… Read more »
- Proverbs 2Proverbs 2: Day 2 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Read Chapter Two of the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs #Proverbs2 #bgbg2 #31DayProverbsChallenge Proverbs 2 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Proverbs 2 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Finding Your Spiritual Gifts TestFinding Your Spiritual Gifts Test - I have never taken a spiritual gifts test. I’ve been told by people that they see me having the gift of encouragement. However, I have never taken a test to see. #SpirtualGifts Finding Your Spiritual Gifts Test appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
- Proverbs 1Proverbs 1: Today is Day 1 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Read Chapter One of the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs #Proverbs1 #bgb2 #31DayProverbsChallenge #ProverbsChallenge Proverbs 1 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Proverbs 1 ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- 31 Day Proverbs Challenge31 Day Proverbs Challenge - Proverbs Challenge: The 31 Day Proverbs Challenge is a challenge to read the Book of Proverbs in 31 days.Read one chapter per day for 31 days. Also includes a free Printable Checklist. 31 Day Proverbs Challenge appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full… Read more »
- International STAND UP to Bullying DayInternational STAND UP to Bullying Day - an awareness holiday to raise awareness against bullying. #Bullying International STAND UP to Bullying Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at International STAND UP to Bullying Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian… Read more »
- National Chili DayNational Chili Day - That dish with beans that makes a warm hearty meal has it's own holiday! #ChiliDay National Chili Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Chili Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Spring Ahead! Daylight Saving Time BeginsIt’s that time again! Time to SPRING AHEAD! or Spring Forward however you want to look at it. Basically for most of us we set our clocks ahead an hour before we go to bed. If we don't we may be late for church or even work. #timechange #daylightsavingtime #springahead… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!