The Leaning Barn – propping me up on the leaning side – “A pastor of a small church would occasionally call on one gentleman to pray, and every time this one particular guy would pray, he would end with the strangest statement, “And, oh Lord, prop us up on our leaning side.”
The Leaning Barn
Finally, the pastor pulled him aside, and he said, “I love the way you pray, but I don’t understand your little closing phrase. What are you talking about – prop us up on our leaning side?” He responded, “Well, Pastor, I’m a farmer. I live out on the farm and, you know, I live in the country. I’ve got an old barn, and it’s been there a long time. It’s been through a lot of weather, and a lot of storms, and a lot of bugs have eaten at it.”
He said, “I got to looking at it one day when I was riding on my tractor, and I noticed that it was leaning to one side. So I thought to myself, oh my goodness! The barn is leaning, and it’s a matter of time before the whole thing falls.
He continued, “So, you know what I did? I went and got some pine beams, and I propped it up on its leaning side.” He said, “It still leans, and probably always will. But I propped it up on its leaning side. And it’s not going to fall down because I propped it up on its leaning side. And I got to thinking about it.
When I was on the tractor, Pastor, and I was riding in the field, I thought about the kind of year I’ve had, and some of the storms I’ve been through, and some of the people that are bugging me, and eating away at my joy and eating away at my spirit. And I just got to thinking, you know, I’m still here! I’m still standing after all that stuff I’ve been through. The storms, and the howling winds – they couldn’t topple me. I’m still standing by the grace of God.”
He concluded, “From time to time, I find myself leaning. Leaning toward my old desires, leaning toward anger, leaning toward becoming bitter or hateful at the people who are bugging me, or leaning toward going back to the old habits and the old life I used to have. And when I feel myself start to lean toward that tendency, I just remember that old barn, and I pray out loud – “Lord, thank you for propping me up on the leaning side.”
- Jentezen Franklin
This leaning barn story I saw shared on Facebook and wanted to share with you all.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- God is like bleach He removes stains no one else canGod is like bleach He removes stains no one else can - He washes us white as snow. #bgbg2 God is like bleach He removes stains no one else can appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at God is like bleach He removes stains no one… Read more »
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park requiring face masks againSteve Sews Stuff Great Smoky Mountain National Park requiring face masks again - Consistent with CDC guidance regarding areas of substantial or high transmission, visitors to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask inside all park buildings. Great Smoky Mountain National Park… Read more »
- 46 Random Bible Verses46 Random Bible Verses - this blog post shares 46 random Bible verses. #bibleverses #bgbg2 46 Random Bible Verses appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 46 Random Bible Verses ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A Christian… Read more »
- Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 - I share some fun facts and famous birthdays for the 6th of August. #August6 Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 ©2004-2022 by Steve… Read more »
- More people burning in hell that have more of a heart for evangelizing
- Remove background in Adobe Photoshop Using Quick Action
- August – Did You Know?August, the month that is named in honor of Augustus Caesar and previously went by the name "Sextilis." #August August – Did You Know? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at August – Did You Know? ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- New Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky floodingNew Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky flooding - with all the recent rain and flooding in Kentucky, a New Testament Bible was found in the mud. New Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky flooding appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at New Testament… Read more »
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable – Jelly Bean Gospel – PrintableJelly Bean Prayer - Jelly Bean Gospel a way to use the colors of jelly beans to share the gospel. Includes free printable version! National Jelly Bean Day. #JellyBeanPrayer #JellyBeanGospel #JellyBeanDay #JellyBeans #JellyBean #Easter #prayer Jelly Bean Prayer Printable – Jelly Bean Gospel – Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian… Read more »
- National Jump for Jelly Beans DayNational Jump for Jelly Beans Day - A day to jump for joy for the love of these colorful and flavorful jelly beans. #JumpForJellyBeanDay #JellyBeans National Jump for Jelly Beans Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Jump for Jelly Beans Day ©2004-2022 by… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner