This is one of six parts that tie with Talk #6 (my previous blog entry – Growth Through Study). In The Bible on the Bible series marks our first session on The Devine Inspiration of the Bible. Make sure you subscribe to my blog to get the latest blog entry and kept updated on this series.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
The absolute authority of the Bible over our lives is based in the conviction that this Book does not merely contain the Word of God but IS the Word of God in its sum and in its parts. This text testifies to this, describing the actual process of the inspiration:
- It is the Word of the Holy Spirit (Theopneustos). This describes the source of the (whole) Bible’s derivation as transcendent of human inspiration. The Bible is not the product of elevated human consciousness or enlightened human intellect, but is directly breathed from God Himself.
- This Truth is elaborated and we find that nothing is added that was given merely as the opinion of the writer, and each writer that involved was moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:20-21 20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
- 1 Corinthians expands on the process by which the revelation of Holy Scriptures was given. Verse 13 says that even the words that are used were planned by the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:10-13 10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.
The Bible on the Bible (6 Part Series …)
These below go with Talk #6 (Growth Through Study) from my Walk to Emmaus.
- The Devine Inspiration of the Bible
- The Complete Trustworthiness of the Bible
- The Content of God’s Word is Complete
- Jesus and the Holy Scriptures
- Loving God’s Word as Jesus’ Follower
- God’s Word: Read It! Study It! Memorize It!
A Christian Blogger that enjoys blogging about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Family, Cats, Odd Holidays and much more. I have been blogging since 2004, however, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I enjoy listening to Christian Music. I am married with 1 daughter, 2 step-sons and a step daughter.