The Anchor A Symbol of Hope – The anchor is a symbol of Hope, strength, security and resilience and the anchor has been said often to also resemble a cross. In this blog post I share about the anchor. #anchor #bgbg2 #hope
The Anchor A Symbol of Hope
I am fascinated with nautical things such as ships, ocean, anchors, lighthouses and yes pirates. But, I want to blog about anchors in this case.
Did you know? Anchors have even graced coins dating back to 312 to 62 BC. Having an anchor on one side and Alexander the Great on the other.
The anchor is also a symbol of security and even stability because of the sharp parts of the anchor, known as flukes. These hook-like points are used to hook into the seabed (or even ground) to anchor the ship. They often can dig deep into the seabed making the ship more stable and secure. I dyed used to keep the ship in place.
The anchor is lowered not only to stop the ship, but can be used to help steer the ship especially in stormy weather. It can help to control the speed of the ship too. Ships often had multiple anchors too. Anchors are often attached to chains or rope.
Amazon affiliate links used
Most anchors are very heavy and stout, making them resilient. They have to endure a lot to help secure ships.
Having all that security, stability and resilience leads to the anchor being a symbol of hope. A sailor had hope in the anchor for many things to his ship. They depended on it for navigation, fishing, docking, steering and much more.
Did you also know that it was said that during the early Roman persecution the anchor was widely used as a symbol so others would know a follower from another.
From the same as G43; an “anchor” (as crooked): – anchor.
agkos (a bend, “ache”); an arm (as curved): – arm.
We can put our anchor in Christ (our strong foundation) who we can totally depend on for strength, guidance, security, resilience and much more no matter our path, storm, etc.
The Bible mentions the anchor as a steadfast, used in reference to salvation. Other times used was referring to actual use why sailing. (Acts 27)
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;Hebrews 6:19
BlueLetterBible says this about G45 ἄγκυρα
- an anchor
- metaph. any stay or safeguard
Luke 2:28 the word arms was used instead of anchor. Here us what BlueLetterBible says about G43 ἀγκάλη.
- the curve or inner angle of the arm, the bent arm
- anything closely enfolding, as the arms of the sea, etc.
A ship without an anchor is unsecured, unreliable and more. It pretty much has no hope. The same can apply to us … without our anchor the Lord Jesus Christ we have no hope!
“As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;”Ephesians 4:14 NASB
Jesus is the ONLY WAY to God the Father! Let Him control your anchor to guide you in the path He has for you. Put your hope in Jesus today. We are never promised tomorrow. None of us are. Not even me! Not even you!
Other symbols of the anchor
- Any Stay
- Bended Arms
- Boat lovers
- Good luck
- Love between two people joined at the center
- Maritime Career
- Nautical lovers
- New start in life
- Ocean lovers
- Overcoming adversity
- Recognition (being a sailor, Navy, Marine Corp, Etc.)
- Ship lovers
- Strong foundation
- Union of spirit and matter
What is the anchor to you?
Feel free to share what the anchor is to you in the comments below.
Check out the Bible Stories or the Sea series!
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- God is like bleach He removes stains no one else canGod is like bleach He removes stains no one else can - He washes us white as snow. #bgbg2 God is like bleach He removes stains no one else can appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at God is like bleach He removes stains no one… Read more »
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park requiring face masks againSteve Sews Stuff Great Smoky Mountain National Park requiring face masks again - Consistent with CDC guidance regarding areas of substantial or high transmission, visitors to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask inside all park buildings. Great Smoky Mountain National Park… Read more »
- 46 Random Bible Verses46 Random Bible Verses - this blog post shares 46 random Bible verses. #bibleverses #bgbg2 46 Random Bible Verses appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 46 Random Bible Verses ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A Christian… Read more »
- Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 - I share some fun facts and famous birthdays for the 6th of August. #August6 Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 ©2004-2022 by Steve… Read more »
- More people burning in hell that have more of a heart for evangelizing
- Remove background in Adobe Photoshop Using Quick Action
- August – Did You Know?August, the month that is named in honor of Augustus Caesar and previously went by the name "Sextilis." #August August – Did You Know? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at August – Did You Know? ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- New Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky floodingNew Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky flooding - with all the recent rain and flooding in Kentucky, a New Testament Bible was found in the mud. New Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky flooding appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at New Testament… Read more »
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable – Jelly Bean Gospel – PrintableJelly Bean Prayer - Jelly Bean Gospel a way to use the colors of jelly beans to share the gospel. Includes free printable version! National Jelly Bean Day. #JellyBeanPrayer #JellyBeanGospel #JellyBeanDay #JellyBeans #JellyBean #Easter #prayer Jelly Bean Prayer Printable – Jelly Bean Gospel – Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian… Read more »
- National Jump for Jelly Beans DayNational Jump for Jelly Beans Day - A day to jump for joy for the love of these colorful and flavorful jelly beans. #JumpForJellyBeanDay #JellyBeans National Jump for Jelly Beans Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Jump for Jelly Beans Day ©2004-2022 by… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner