Tennessee Governor Bill Lee announced the end of all federally funded pandemic unemployment compensation programs in Tennessee, effective July 3rd.
Gov. Lee Pushes Return to Work, Economic Recovery
Ends All Federal Pandemic Unemployment Funding
Tennessee Governor Bill Lee announced the end of all federally funded pandemic unemployment compensation programs in Tennessee
“We will no longer participate in federal pandemic unemployment programs because Tennesseans have access to more than 250,000 jobs in our state,” said Gov. Lee. “Families, businesses and our economy thrive when we focus on meaningful employment and move on from short-term, federal fixes.”
Gov. Lee’s letter to the U.S. Department of Labor can be viewed here.
Federal pandemic unemployment programs set to end on July 3, 2021 which include the following:
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC), which provides for an additional $300 weekly payment to recipients of unemployment compensation
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), which provides benefits for those who would not usually qualify, such as the self-employed, gig workers and part-time workers
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC), which provides for an extension of benefits once regular benefits have been exhausted
- Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation (MEUC), which provides an additional $100 benefit to certain people with mixed earnings
Unemployment claimants in Tennessee have been required to complete three weekly job searches in order to remain eligible for benefits since October 4, 2020.
Any weeks filed before July 3, 2021, that are eligible under federal program requirements will continue to be processed.
The Tennessee Workforce Development System stands ready to help Tennesseans return to the workforce. Career specialists are available to help job seekers match with new employment opportunities at more than 80 American Job Centers across the state. They can work to identify possible training programs that can help an individual change their career pathway or enter an apprenticeship program so they can earn a competitive wage, while the learn a new trade.
The Tennessee Virtual American Job Center, www.TNVirtualAJC.comallows Tennesseans to research different programs that can help remove barriers to employment so they can more easily reenter Tennessee’s workforce.
As federal pandemic unemployment compensation ends in Tennessee, the state encourages claimants to search for work at www.Jobs4TN.gov, which currently has over 250,000 active job postings of all skill levels.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- A-Z of ThanksgivingA-Z of Thanksgiving a list of things Thanksgiving from A to Z. #Thanksgiving A-Z of Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Thanksgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- A-Z of HalloweenA-Z of Halloween this is a list of things Halloween from A-Z. #halloween A-Z of Halloween appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Halloween ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- Why do we say trick or treatWhy do we say trick or treat - Kids and adults alike cry out "trick or treat" at each house they visit. Many utter this familiar phrase without a second thought and may have no idea how this familiar custom came to be. #halloween #trickortreat #tricksortreats Why do we say… Read more »
- Bring Your Bible to School DayBring Your Bible to School Day - Students, mark your calendar for Bring your Bible to School Day. Tell your friends, family and everyone! Share this blog post so others will know about it too. Do you know that what you bring to school says a lot about you. You… Read more »
- Where were you when the world stop turning that September Day?Where were you when the world stop turning that September day? That day America was attacked by terrorist. 9/11 We will never forget. #PatriotDay #911 #September11 Where were you when the world stop turning that September Day? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Where were… Read more »
- Read through the Bible PlanRead through the Bible Plan - a YouVersion Bible App reading plan that will allow you to read the whole bible in one year. #YouVersion Read through the Bible Plan appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Read through the Bible Plan ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Nobody obeys the speed limitNobody obeys the speed limit - You can go 35 mph in the school now and people still swing by here. You can go 45 mph instructions on and still be home in by two. #speed #speeding #speedlimit Nobody obeys the speed limit appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
- International Talk Like a Pirate DayCap'n ChristianBlogR says take the family out for some free fish or chicken & free donuts! Share some Bible Stories of the Sea on International Talk Like A Pirate Day. #ITLAPD2017 #TalkLikeAPirateDay #PirateDay #TalkLikeAPirateDay #LJPirateDay #KKPirateDay #ITLAPD #Pirate International Talk Like a Pirate Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- CPR acronymCPR acronym - a Christian acronym for CPR. #CPR CPR acronym appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at CPR acronym ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!