Teal Pumpkin Project – Teal is the new Orange! – Help save God’s children by not giving them allergen-containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a form of food allergy? #TealPumpkinProject #TealPumpkin #Halloween #Teal #FoodAllergies #FACET #FARE
Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food Treats
This idea got its roots right here in East Tennessee, close to where I live.
A Teal Pumpkin tells those who are out Trick or Treating or Trunk or Treating that you cater to the Food Allergies. It got its starts from the Food Allergy Community of East Tennessee (FACET) based in Maryville, TN. That you won’t give out candy that has known allergens in them. Today food allergies effect a lot children. According to Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE), food allergies affect 1 in every 13 children in the U.S. Most people who do the Teal Pumpkin will give other things instead of candy or treats. They will give toys or glow sticks instead.
Along with a pumpkin pained teal, put out a sign that says you are giving out non-food treats. This will allow people to know you comply.
Help save God’s children by not giving them allergen containing treats.
Some ideas of things to hand out instead of candy. (Non-Food Treats). Giving these it can help make Halloween safer for all children.Teal Pumpkin Project giving out other things other than candy for Trick or Treats due to Food Allergies. #TealPumpkinProject Click To Tweet
Teal Pumpkin Project Gift Ideas
- Gospel Tracts (Children Appropriate & along with a gift listed below)
- Gospel John’s
- Bible Books
- Children’s Books (See Books for Treats)
- Glow Sticks
- Pencil Toppers
- Mini Slinkies
- Bouncy Balls
- Finger Puppets
- Novelty Toys
- Mini Notepads
- Playing Cards
- Hot Wheels
- Plastic Jewelry
- Educational items
- Coloring books
- Craft Kits
- New Testament Bibles
- Gospel bracelets
- Wrapped Toothbrushes
- Party Favors
- Tiny Dolls
- & list can go on and on
If you know of anything I should add to this list, feel free to share in the comments below!
I dress up like a pirate and for trick or treats, I will have a pirate chest full of Teal Pumpkin Project items (non-food items).
Small Toy Caution
Note, use caution in some toys like play dough and latex items. These contain allergens. Also use caution with toys that have tiny parts as those can pose a choking hazard for really small children too.
Of course you still can give out candy, but make sure they are ones that don’t contain allergens, such as nuts, wheat, eggs, soy, shellfish, dairy, etc.
Another idea is to have two bowls one with non-allergen candies and the other with toys, trinkets etc like listed above. I am not trying to ban candy at all by this post. However, I am trying to raise awareness and offering an alternative to candy or allergen-containing products.
But, of course, you still can give the type of candy you choose, but if you do, I ask that you make a note if your treat contains a certain type of allergy that you have a sign stating that you do. Also if you choose to do the Teal Pumpkin route, that you also can put that sign up too.
After seeing The Teal Pumpkin Project, in 2014, it inspired me. Instead of giving out candy at the Trunk or Treats, give out stuff like mention above. Of course, I will be handing out Gospel of John and Tracts along with those items.
Every since 2014, when it comes to Truck or Treats, I hand out different kinds of trinkets in a pirate chest. The kids love the Christian bracelets too! Most of the kids want to come back to my trunk and get another one. Giving little trinkets the kids can keep it longer than candy and don’t have to worry about food allergies!
So this is why Teal is the New Orange! Start going Teal for Halloween!
These same principles can be for birthday parties, parties at church or parties at school, not just Halloween time. But all the time!
Have you seen a teal pumpkin or heard of this? Do you have other ideas of what to hand out? Other feedback? I would love to hear from you.
Be sure to click share below and help raise awareness!
More information & sources visit:
#TealPumpkinProject #Halloween #Teal #FoodAllergies
First published October 21, 2014. Last Republished or updated October 13, 2021
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- Former Satanist Warns About the Dangers of HalloweenFormer Satanist Warns About the Dangers of Halloween. John Ramirez, who used to be a high-ranking priest within the Satanic Temple before miraculously having his heart opened to the Gospel, shares the story of his personal involvement with satanism and celebrating Halloween in order to warn parents of its dangers.… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly