Take home a soldier – Using plastic toy soldiers as a reminder to pray for them. (Please take a solider home and place it somewhere that will remind you to PRAY for our men and women serving our country!)
Take home a soldier
I saw this Pray for our soldiers box on Facebook. I am not sure where it came from or who done this. But I do like this and think it is a good idea. This picture has a suitcase full of these army men. I remember as a child playing these army men. They are not expensive army men either.
There is a picture that says …
Please take a soldier home and place it somewhere that will remind you to pray for our men and women serving our country!
We do need to remember to pray for our men and women who are fighting for our country to continue to give us the freedoms we do have. You might not like the reason they are fighting, but they are there to help make sure we stay free in this country. We need to pray for them daily for their safety and thanking them for their service. Some men and women don’t get to make it home! We honor these men and women on Memorial Day. Then those that do get to make it home, we honor on Veterans Day.
I always say thank you to a veteran I see wearing a veteran hat. Not to mention, I let them know I am thankful for their service to our country. I encourage you to do the same. I even do this to firemen and police officers. There are many other ways to show military appreciation too!
This would be a great idea to put up at your church, your local ministry or just anywhere.
A great way to help us remember to pray for those who is away from their family, friends, church and more to protect our country to help keep our freedom. Maybe you put this Take home a soldier idea at your church, business or ministry office.
Take home a soldier looks very easy to make. Just take an old suitcase or the like. You can make your own sign on what to do. Those army men usually are rather cheap too.
I am sure if you could find firemen and policemen like these army men, you could incorporate also for praying for our firemen, firewomen, policemen and policewomen too.
If anyone knows who this belongs to, please let me know so I can give proper credit where credit is due.Please take a soldier home and place it somewhere that will remind you to pray for our men and women serving our country Click To Tweet
Laurie Boyd shared this on Facebook and gave me permission to share the post and the two photos below. (Maryville, TN)
We had an AWESOME experience today!
We went into Maryville DQ. On the counter was a little toy soldier. I told the server …..That’s not my soldier. He said …..it’s not….. a gentleman…. a regular………retired Air Force man asked if he could leave this on the counter. I read it and told him we pray for our soldiers all the time. We told him about our son n law ❤️ and how he just left for a TDY to Alaska. We told him we were getting ready to head south to visit the daughter and grand babies and help out with a few things. He said he too was thinking about going into the military. We sat down to eat our ice cream and about 5 min. later a different man comes over and says I understand your SNL just went into the Air Force We explained he had been in the Air Force for over 15 years but had just left for Alaska. He wanted us to thank MSgt. Zak for his service. ❤️. He too was retired from the Air Force. All this conversation and encouragement over one little toy soldier with a very special tag attached to it. Thank you sir for taking the time to drop off the toy soldier. Please share this so that we never forget the sacrifices the soldiers AND their family’s make every day. Oh and one more very important thing…….please pray for our soldiers. 🙏🏻
PLEASE place me somewhere to remind you to PRAY for our service MEN and WOMEN!
First published May 30, 2016. Last updated or republished April 26, 2021. Amazon Affiliate used.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- The Adventure Bible For Kids ReviewThe Adventure Bible For Kids Review I got to review this Bible for kids. #Bible #AdventureBible #bgbg2 #BibleGatewayPartner The Adventure Bible For Kids Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Adventure Bible For Kids Review ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »
- Twas the Day After Bible School PrintableTwas the Day After Bible School Printable - Here is a free printable about a poem about the day after Vacation Bible School. This talks about the day after Vacation Bible School is done. I also make up a printable version too. #VBS #VacationBibleSchool Twas the Day After Bible School… Read more »
- A-Z of Father’s DayA-Z of Father's Day - An A to Z list of things related to Father's Day and/or being a Dad. #FathersDay A-Z of Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Father’s Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music WorkaroundAlexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround - Get tired of Alexa not dismissing playing music? Here is one workaround. #Alexa #EchoDot Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Happy Memorial DayHappy Memorial Day! Thank you to those men and women who died to protect our freedoms. Plus. Special shoutout to One that shed His blood for our ultimate freedom ... Jesus! #MemorialDay Happy Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Memorial Day ©2004-2021… Read more »
- SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews StuffSteve Sews Stuff SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff - Steve shares stuff he sews such as face masks, zipper clutches, pocket tissue holders and much more. Plus Steve is learning how to quilt and will share that experience too. #Quilt #Sewing SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff… Read more »
- Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaningLeaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning - Have you ever seen coins on a gravestone. I’m talking about pennies nickels dimes and quarters. Have you ever wondered what they meant? Each coin has a significant meaning. Includes FREE printable version! Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning… Read more »
- 3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables - Are three printables great for your youth group, Vacation Bible School and small groups, etc. Try to find the hidden Bible Books of the Bible in a paragraph or two of words. #HiddenBooks #HiddenBooksBible #HiddenBooksoftheBible #FreePrintables 3 Hidden Books of… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!