Second Annual Day of Prayer for Tennessee Baptist Conference Centers – The theme for 2018 is Not Ashamed using Romans 1:16 as the key theme Bible Verse.
Second Annual Day of Prayer for Tennessee Baptist Conference Centers
Despite National Day of Prayer is May 3, 2018, this Day of Prayer for the Tennessee Baptist Conference Centers is May 20, 2018. Tennessee has two conference centers Carson Springs in Newport, TN and Linden Valley in Linden, TN.
David Dawson of the Baptist and Reflector reported that Tim Bearden, the TBMB’s conference centers senior manager, is encouraging churches across Tennessee to “pray with expectation” for the two conference centers — located in Carson Springs and Linden Valley — when the second installment of the Day of Prayer is held on Sunday, May 20.
Pray for …
Bearden, ay Barbier, evangelism event specialist and other TBMB leaders, including executive director and president Randy C. Davis, are asking churches to pray for the conference centers in these specific ways:
- That God will prepare the hearts of children, youth, and adults coming to camp this summer;
- That camp staffs will be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit when leading and sharing with campers;
- That adults coming on retreat will relax and listen for God to speak into their lives;
- That all attendees will be kept safe and free from harm;
- That weather, buildings, logistics, and other issues will not become a distraction to the work of the Holy Spirit.
Between the two Conference Centers they can host nearly 20,000 visitors per year.
Theme for 2018
Theme Verse for 2018
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes … Romans 1:16
For more information or for resources, contact Bearden at [email protected].
I enjoy listening to nothing but Christian Music. Camping and hiking is something that I enjoy. I guess that is because I am an Eagle Scout. Blogging is something I enjoy doing too. I have been blogging since 2004. However, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I am married with 1 daughter and 2 step-sons and a step daughter.