As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is day 8 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 8.
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 8.
Chapter 8 talks about the excellence of wisdom and how that the writer is saying that they are righteous and they speak the truth that they cannot speak a lie or wicked. Again it tells you how wisdom is far better than any treasure like rubies, silver or gold.
It also says that the fear of the LORD is to hate evil, pride, arrogance and evil ways and also the perverse mouth. This is because we want what the Lord wants. As shown in verse 13. “The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way“. Notice LORD, it is all capped, well small cappped, meaning the “L” is in a big capitol letter and the “ORD” is capital but smaller. That is when God is referred to as Yahawah, the most sacred name used for God.
This Proverb seems as God is writing this, as you can see in verses 17-21. It talks about how God loves those who seek Him. God is saying that He is the riches and treasure. That his fruit is the best fruit. If you are looking for a treasure then you need to seek the Lord.
Then it goes on in verses 22 to be a person writing again. Here it shows that before the formation of the Earth, God still knew him, it goes on to say even before the earth with the dust still just on the grown, God knew him.
This shows that we are a part of God, that God knew us even before he Created the World. It just goes to show we are a masterpiece to God.[pullquote]For whoever finds me finds life,
And obtains favor from the Lord;
But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death.”
It also goes on to say that it is important to follow God’s Law. Following God’s law we can instruction and will be wise. It shows that God is the one who gives us wisdom. So if you want to find life and wisdom, seek out God. Draw near to Him! Draw near while we still can.
It also shows us when we sin, we wrong God. It also if you hate God, you don’t follow God, that will way will lead to death. This brings us to, “For the Wages of Sin is Death, but the gift of God is everlasting life,” Romans 6:23.
In order to get the life, meaning every lasting life in Heaven, we must call upon Jesus. He is the way the truth and the life, John 14:16. When we call upon Him, we will be found. Isaiah 55:6
If you hate God and reject His Son, then you will face death. Death here means everlasting torment in hell. If you don’t love God than you love other things and these things are what leads to your destruction.
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 8? What verse stood out to you and why?For whoever finds me finds life, And obtains favor from the Lord; But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; All those who hate me love death. #Proverbs8 Click To Tweet
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to a current date.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- National Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial DayNational Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial Day - A week long day to honor our police officers and a day to remember those peace officers as well. National Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Police Week… Read more »
- Mother’s Day was Invented in KentuckyMother’s Day was Invented in Kentucky #MothersDay Mother’s Day was Invented in Kentucky appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Mother’s Day was Invented in Kentucky ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month – You Can Have a #RealConvo with MeMay is Mental Health Awareness Month.You Can Have a #RealConvo with Me. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is focusing their attention on having a #RealConvo about mental health. They learned through a recent Harris Poll that 89 percent. May is Mental Health Awareness Month – You Can Have a… Read more »
- Can I travel after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?SteveZ MaskZ Can I travel after getting the COVID-19 vaccine? Experts say that those who have been fully vaccinated (receiving both shots for the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or one for the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine) it is likely safe to travel again. #FullyVaccinated #COVID19Vaccine #Travel Can I travel after… Read more »
- Cinco de MayoCinco de Mayo - literally translate as 5th of May. This is a holiday mostly celebrated in Mexico to commemorate the Mexican Army's difficult victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862. #CincodeMayo Cinco de Mayo appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the… Read more »
- The Benefits of HobbiesSteveZ MaskZ The Benefits of Hobbies - Hobbies can benefit people in some interesting ways. Understanding those hidden benefits may compel some people to make more time for their favorite downtime activities. #Hobbies The Benefits of Hobbies appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- Way-FM’s CJ is now Chris on Air1Way-FM's CJ is now Chris on Air1 - Way-FM"s DJ known as CJ has left their radio station and now a part of Air1 as Chris. #WayFM #Air1 #ChrisLusk #CJLusk Way-FM’s CJ is now Chris on Air1 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Way-FM’s CJ… Read more »
- How to prepare for telehealth appointmentsSteveZ MaskZ How to prepare for telehealth appointments - Patients can take steps to ensure their telemedicine sessions with their physicians are as productive as possible. #telehealth #COVID19 How to prepare for telehealth appointments appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- May the LORD be with youMay the LORD be with you! The 4th of May is usually known as Star Wars Day. You'll hear May the Fourth Be with you taking off from the movie May the Force be with you. #maythe4thbewithyou #maythefourth #starwarsday #maytheLordbewithyout #maytheLord May the LORD be with you appeared first on… Read more »
- Star Wars DayStar Wars Day - in a galaxy far far away there came a space-themed holiday based on the movie series Star Wars. #StarWars #StarWarsDay MaytheFourth #Maythe4thBeWIthYou Star Wars Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Star Wars Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- National Two Different Colored Shoes DayNational Two Different Colored Shoes Day - Be different! Show that you are different! Raise awareness of human diversity by wearing two different colored shoes on this day. #TwoDifferentColoredShoesDay National Two Different Colored Shoes Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Two Different Colored… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!