Proverbs 31 – Today is my last day of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. I have taken one chapter per day now for 31 days from the Book of Proverbs. This Book of the Bible has 31 Chapters, so it is easy to read one chapter per day for 31 days.Read Proverbs 31. #Proverbs31 #BGBG2
Today Read the 31st Proverb.
Proverbs 31 is today’s focus. This is one of the most well-known or heard Proverbs there is. There is even a ministry called Proverbs 31 Ministry, click here to read more about that ministry, you can hear them on K-Love and Air1. There are 31 verses in this chapter of Proverbs.
The Bible was created for everyone, Male and Female.
Let me say Proverbs is not just for a man! I have been told by some people that Proverbs are only for men. Wrong! Proverbs is for everyone! Male and female. Look at Proverbs 31. It will tell you men what kind of woman you need, not mention, Women, Proverbs 31, tells you what kind of woman you need to be.
Proverbs 31:1-9 are known as Words of King Lemuel’s Mother and Proverbs 31:10-31 is know as the Virtuous Wife or known as the Virtuous Woman. The Virtuous Wife part of this chapter is what is the most poplar of all the Proverbs or if not close to the most popular.
First lets start off with the first nine verses, the Words of King Lemuel’s Mother. It starts off by saying, “What, my son?”. The word What according to scholars is possibly a Hebrew word meaning to listen up or take heed.
This Proverb warns us about giving into an adulteress woman, strength in verse three (Proverbs 31:3) possibly means an affair that distorted your judgment and ruins your family.
Being in Authority and Strong Drinks
Proverbs 31, also warns about being in authority and having strong drinks. It tells us these strong drinks will distort our judgment. We all at one point or another have authority of someone one or something. Not to mention, it says strong drinks can make you forget the law. This tells us that strong drinks impairs us. Check out 10 Reason’s Why Christians Shouldn’t Drink.
Now we move onto the most popular or well-known part of Proverbs 31, it starts in verse 10 and goes to verse 31. It is said this section is a form of Hebrew acrostic, each verse starting with the successive letter of the Hebrew alphabet because it begins and ends with mention of the woman’s “excellence”. 1
This form of Hebrew acrostic is almost like that of Psalm 119, which is the longest chapter of the Bible.
Virtuous Woman or Virtuous Wife
Everyone can learn and take examples from this Virtuous woman. Also, you men, Proverbs 31, is the ideal lady to seek after. Not to mention, ladies, Proverbs 31 is the ideal standards to live by that you should seek to be like. The English Standard Version (ESV) says Excellence Wife, instead of the Virtuous Wife like in the New King James Version (NKJV). We often also hear it called Virtuous Woman, Nonetheless, virtuous is saying she has valor, or worth. To be virtuous means you have high morals or high standards.
Virtuous Woman is an Excellent Woman
A virtuous woman is an excellent woman. She is a godly woman and she is competent as well. This virtuous woman is also trusting because she also trust in God. She is also hard and rare to find but she is almost more valuable than any type of rubies. Not to mention, if you find one, that is a good find and a treasure from God!
Virtuous Woman does good
This virtuous woman would do good to and for her husband. She would not cause him evil, during her entire life time. She will continue to go good to and for her husband. It says she is skilled in textiles, a form of house-making. In this case it is talking about making clothes for the household.
Virtuous Woman goes out of her way
The Virtuous woman also goes out of her way to make sure the household has fine food too. She also provides the food for the household, including any maidservants they have in their home.
Virtuous Woman has good judgement
It shows she has good judgment and also she knows how to manage money and also help make gain for the household. The virtuous woman also has a long life and even is prosperous. She even gets up at night to take care of things that she needs to for the house too.
Virtuous Woman has a concern for the needy
This virtuous woman also has a concern for the needy, the poor. Along with the clothing she makes she is ready for sudden change in weather, like one day being nice and warm and the next day snowing and cold.
Virtuous Woman helped with standards
The success of a woman also helped with the standards of a man, at the city’s gate. These were usually the center of the town. Her success also helped for her husbands reputation too. When you sat with the elders at the gate, you were a respected member to be able to sit with them.
Virtuous Woman made clothes
Not only as I mentioned above where she made clothes for the household, she also made extra clothes and other linen, maybe curtains, or other household items and she sold them to make extra money for the household.
Virtuous Woman Spoke Wisdom
She also speaks wisdom. This wisdom is a godly wisdom. She knows what to say and not to say. Because godly wisdom will give you the correct words to say and when to say them. This shows the virtuous woman cares deeply for her family. Her children give recognition to her, not to mention, her husband gives her praises. He would say that his wife surpasses them all.
I think we all have heard Proverbs 31:31 a lot. (Verse in a pull quote).
When it speaks of charm here, it speaks of grace or a type of favor. Beauty here is talking about the outward appearance. If you follow my blog than you know that I always say its a heart condition. God is concerned with what is in the heart. He judges us based on our heart. God doesn’t look at us for our appearance as man does.
Fear of the Lord
The end of verse 30, Proverbs 31:30, goes to the main premise of most of all of the Proverbs. The Fear of the Lord. Remember the Fear of the Lord brings wisdom. So men if you find a woman who fears the Lord, you have a keeper! Women you should fear the Lord! The fear is a reverence type of fear. This type of godly fear will also give you wisdom.
But also remember this a woman may have great charm and beauty on the outside, but does she Fear the Lord? Remember I said God looks at us by the inside. The inside is what makes a person. She could have both good looks and charm and still have a fear of God, but because she does have good looks or charm doesn’t make her godly.
Fear of God is a reverence type of fear. A Respect type of fear. That you know that you answer to God and no one else. God is the final authority.
Check out this movie review and trailer called “Virtuous” It is a good faith-based movie.
What is your favorite Bible Verse from Proverbs 31? What stood out to you in this chapter? Your feed back is greatly appreciated.
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
// < ![CDATA[
Republishing to current date along with addition added to original post.
1. Crossway ESV Study Bible, (Page 1189)
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- God is like bleach He removes stains no one else canGod is like bleach He removes stains no one else can - He washes us white as snow. #bgbg2 God is like bleach He removes stains no one else can appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at God is like bleach He removes stains no one… Read more »
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park requiring face masks againSteve Sews Stuff Great Smoky Mountain National Park requiring face masks again - Consistent with CDC guidance regarding areas of substantial or high transmission, visitors to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask inside all park buildings. Great Smoky Mountain National Park… Read more »
- 46 Random Bible Verses46 Random Bible Verses - this blog post shares 46 random Bible verses. #bibleverses #bgbg2 46 Random Bible Verses appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 46 Random Bible Verses ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A Christian… Read more »
- Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 - I share some fun facts and famous birthdays for the 6th of August. #August6 Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 ©2004-2022 by Steve… Read more »
- More people burning in hell that have more of a heart for evangelizing
- Remove background in Adobe Photoshop Using Quick Action
- August – Did You Know?August, the month that is named in honor of Augustus Caesar and previously went by the name "Sextilis." #August August – Did You Know? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at August – Did You Know? ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- New Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky floodingNew Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky flooding - with all the recent rain and flooding in Kentucky, a New Testament Bible was found in the mud. New Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky flooding appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at New Testament… Read more »
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable – Jelly Bean Gospel – PrintableJelly Bean Prayer - Jelly Bean Gospel a way to use the colors of jelly beans to share the gospel. Includes free printable version! National Jelly Bean Day. #JellyBeanPrayer #JellyBeanGospel #JellyBeanDay #JellyBeans #JellyBean #Easter #prayer Jelly Bean Prayer Printable – Jelly Bean Gospel – Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian… Read more »
- National Jump for Jelly Beans DayNational Jump for Jelly Beans Day - A day to jump for joy for the love of these colorful and flavorful jelly beans. #JumpForJellyBeanDay #JellyBeans National Jump for Jelly Beans Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Jump for Jelly Beans Day ©2004-2022 by… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner