Proverbs 26 – Today is Day 26, so I am going to focus on Proverbs 26. There are 28 verses in this chapter of Proverbs. We are closing in on the final chapters of Proverbs in this 31 Day Proverb Challenge. #Proverbs26 #BGBG2
Read Proverbs 26.
Proverbs 26, talks a lot about a fool. A fool is an immoral, evil person. I believe just about every verse in the 26th Chapter has something about the fool, in one manner. Yes, the Bible does use the word, fool. It has used it in previous chapters in Proverbs too.
The 26th Proverb, starts off talking about snow in the summer and rain in the harvest. These are not unheard of as they could happen, but they could also lead to damaging effects. I believe it is telling us that a fool doesn’t show honor or if they do, it would be rare like these type of events.
We are not to answer a fool with foolish answers. We must expose there folly so they will understand. If you answer him in a foolish way, you are just like the fool yourself. We are also not to trust the fool either. Trusting a fool will lead to destruction.
A fool doesn’t know how to apply what he knows that is what it means by it being like a person that is lame, a person that is lame is a person that has legs that don’t work.
Proverbs 26 also tells how fools may share proverbs to other people. Most of the ways it says are basically saying they are pointless to have a fool share proverbs.
A fool doesn’t accept correction or punishment. They will continue doing what they know without repentance. This is what it means by when a dog returns to its vomit. We know that dogs usually will go back and eat what they vomited. A foolish person will continue to repeat their mistakes. I say someone that continues and lives in open sin is a fool. They know better, but wont’ take corrective measures to try to sin less. We can’t live in open sin.See Dog Returns to his own vomit.
[pullquote]As a dog returns to his own vomit, So a fool repeats his folly. Proverbs 26:11[/pullquote]
Proverbs 26, also talks about a man believes their way is right, just like a few other Proverbs. But only a foolish man thinks his way his right. He won’t consider that God’s way is the right way. He may think that God really meant this or its okay in certain cases, but God’s Word allows for no compromising. Man’s ways believe you can compromising or accept things based on circumstances. But God’s plan is right there in words plain as day.
Make sure you check out the other Proverbs post.I have already Posted Proverbs 1 to Proverbs 31. That is the complete series of Proverbs, there are 31 chapters and 31 blog post, you can see a link to each chapter below.
Proverbs 26, also talks about a lazy man, only a fool would be lazy. Being lazy brings a lot of things. It can bring poverty, hunger and even death. The lazy man will want others to do things for them, instead of doing for themselves or their family.
It also tells us when we pass someone and see them in a dispute that we are not to join in and meddle in these disputes. Those disputes are suppose to be between those two people to settle. By you intervening, it going to add to the fire you can say. It could make one more upset than the other, plus you don’t know both sides of the story.There is always two sides to the story, you must gather the facts.
Proverbs 26, also tells about joking on neighbors. Again neighbors means those around us, not necessary those who live near us as we are associate with today. So don’t be like a jester and lie to make jokes. These jokes are no fun to be part of. Nor are they good for you or the person you are pranking.
Proverbs 26, also warns us about deceit, lying, anger and much more as well. Only a fool will try to make himself something that he is not. This is deceit and lying. But only a wise person will know the truth.
It talks about digging a pit and falling into it or moving a stone and it rolling onto you. I think this goes back to what ever a man sows, he shall also reap. It is a warning to be careful in what you do. If you do the wrong thing it will cause disaster. If you wish bad onto others, it will back fire and fall onto you instead.I also think when it says when we dig a pit and we will fall into it, that is like we reap what we sow.
A liar will sooner or later make their own ruin. Remember you have to make up tons of lies to cover up for the one lie that you told. Sooner or later you will forget what you said and the truth will sooner or later come out and that will lead to your ruin. Don’t think you can get away with lying. The world may not know, but God does. He knows all and sees all. Think of it like this, we put a chip in your head. It records your thoughts etc for 24 hours. We put it on a big screen and let your church, family, coworkers and everyone you know or came in contact with watch it. Don’t you think that would be embarrassing? That is how God does with us. He sees it all. He also knows the truth too.
What did you get out of the 26th Chapter of Proverbs? What stood out more to you? Did you notice a popular verse? I want to hear from you. Please comment below.
Read more about the Dog returning to his vomit.
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to current date.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- Former Satanist Warns About the Dangers of HalloweenFormer Satanist Warns About the Dangers of Halloween. John Ramirez, who used to be a high-ranking priest within the Satanic Temple before miraculously having his heart opened to the Gospel, shares the story of his personal involvement with satanism and celebrating Halloween in order to warn parents of its dangers.… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly