Proverbs 25 – If you have been following my blog I have been working on 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. If you are a first time visitor, well that is the series of blog entries that I am on. I am taking one chapter of Proverbs per day for 31 days. This works great since there are 31 Chapters in the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs25 #Bgbg2
Today is Day 25, therefore I am focusing on the 25th Chapter of Proverbs, which has 28 verses.
Proverbs 25, is more wise sayings of Solomon. It makes note to say these are Proverbs of Solomon which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied, as verse 1 (Proverbs 25:1). So they give a source and tell us who copied them for us. Also note that Proverbs 25 to Proverbs 29 were copied by King Hezekiah.
It is hard for a person to understand and know God’s understanding. I think because of that people seek Him out and while they do, most people realize He is real and it gives Him glory. Now kings on the other hand are human. Being a human we can reason and understand why or why he doesn’t do anything.
Proverbs 25, seems to be geared toward being a king. One example is says take away the wicked from the kingdom and his kingdom will be righteous. I believe that is because there will be no evil intent, no evil influences etc.
The 25th Proverb also talks about pride and not being prideful in front of the king. I believe this can be applied to our King of Kings, Jesus Christ. We are suppose to instead humble ourselves, not take self promotion.
It also tells us when we approach the king, we don’t go directly up to him, we wait for him to invite us to where he sits. This shows that we are lower than him and have respect for the king.
It also tells us we should try to settle things without going to court and also settle it in private. Don’t make it a public affair, or let everyone know about it. We are in the age of social media, that stuff doesn’t belong on social media about the fights and settlement you are having with your neighbor. Keep that between you and them.
Proverbs 25, also tells us we are not to tell other people when we give. We are to give in secret. Don’t let people know what you gave, that you give etc. Even falsely saying you gave when you didn’t.
You have to be careful of strong persecution of that is what temps us the most, soft and pleasant the words may be, but they will lead to destruction. The Bible says broken bones. Bones on a person are the hardest part of the body. That tells us even the softest of words can break us.
Do you fill yourself with too much of something that seems good? Well the old saying it’s too good to be true could just be right. It says to never give yourself too much of something that seems good. It could cause us trouble later on.
Proverbs 25, also talks about being a false witness or lying about your neighbor. I believe the word neighbor may not mean the person that lives next to you, but it could mean that and also people that are close to your environment. Someone near where you travel, work, play, eat and also live.
If you noticed this Proverb does like to use metaphors to compare to certain situations. It talks about three different types in this Proverb. The liar is untrusting and also the insensitive.
Did you know that if you out vinegar on soda, it makes it foam? Plus this action causes them both to be neutered and making them worthless. Some people believe soda meant a deep wound. If you poured vinegar into it, it wouldn’t help it at all.
Verse 21 through 22 are common verses we have all heard. Proverbs 25:21-22.[pullquote]21 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat;
and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head,
and the Lord shall reward thee.[/pullquote]
As you see in the above verses we are to feed our hungry and also give him something to drink. This means we are suppose to do good to our enemies. When we do good to our enemies it brings shame to our enemies, because it shows that even though they treated us bad, we are still treating them with love and being good to them. Because of this the person will feel maybe an inward burning feeling. That is perhaps why they said the heaps of coals on his head. I don’t believe it means literally, I think this was a figurative Proverb.
Again in verse 24, Proverbs 25:24, it tells us about being on the housetop, then with an angry woman in the house. See my post Proverbs 21.
Proverbs 25, ends talking about having rule over your own spirit. I believe this is meaning you need to control what you see, what you do, hear etc. If you don’t, it will lead to ruin. Meaning to have self-control is very important. A city without walls cannot defend itself, so if you have no self-control, I don’t believe you will be able to defend yourself when it comes to godly things. You must try to avoid temptation and use self-control.
What did you get out of Proverbs 25? What verse stood out to you? Please share your comments!
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to a current date.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Light of the WorldLight of the World Bible verse meme from Mathew 5. Light of the World appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Light of the World ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God,… Read more »
- Never too lost church signNever too lost church sign from Faith Temple Church is this week’s Church Sign Saturday. #ChurchSign Never too lost church sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Never too lost church sign ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Ant Hill CrossAnt Hill Cross these ants form a cross shape with their any hills and the grass shapes like a crown. #ants Ant Hill Cross appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Ant Hill Cross ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holderSteve Sews Stuff Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holder - Now you can carry your business cards with your pocket tissue holders from Steve Sews Stuff. #BusinessCards Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holder appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- 4th of JulyHappy 4th of July. Maybe you will take this special day to share Jesus with others and be a bold witness or hand out gospel tracts. #4thofJuly #IndepednaceDay #July4 #July4th 4th of July appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 4th of July ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church SignAll Gave Some, Some Gave All is this week’s Church Sign Saturday. Which takes us to Harrogate, TN. All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church Sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church Sign ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
- Why is Independence Day celebrated on July 4th?Why is Independence Day celebrated on July 4th - learn why we celebrate Independence Day on the Fourth of July. It was almost celebrated on another day. Why is Independence Day celebrated on July 4th? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Why is Independence Day… Read more »
- Festive facts for July 4thFestive facts for July 4th - The following are some interesting details about the origins of Independence Day and the celebrations that surround it. Festive facts for July 4th appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Festive facts for July 4th ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
- Fourth of July Poem/AcronymSteve Patterson wrote a Christian poem/acronym for "Fourth of July" (4th of July) - Independence Day comes & everyday we owe God the thanks for our freedom. Includes a Free downloadable and printable version! #Fourth #July #4thofJuly Fourth of July Poem/Acronym appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full… Read more »
- 4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable - Here is a fun free finger puzzle printable for Independence Day (4th of July). #4thofJuly #IndependenceDay 4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!