Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity -a day where students across our nation will give up their voice for those that cannot speak up, those babies facing abortion. #ProLifeDayofSilentSolidarity #SilentDay #ProLifeGen
Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity
This day is held on the third Tuesday of October of each year. In 2018, it is held on October 16, 2018. (See below for future dates)
This awareness day was founded by Bryan Kemper in 2004.
Speak up for those that cannot speak! Be Bold Stand up for abortion!
Here are some helpful tips from Students for Life
- Typically, the red band/tape will have LIFE written across it in black.
- You can also wear a pro-life t-shirt to show your support.
- Put up some flyers the week before explaining the event.
- Reserve tabling space on campus the morning of October 16th to pass out bands/tape and the explanation sheets. Have pre-torn pieces of tape and black permanent markers for students to write LIFE themselves.
- Prepare by printing out a short explanation of what you are doing so that you can give it to curious peers without having to speak. The following is a good example:
On the third Tuesday of October every year, students nationwide give up their voices for the Pro-Life Day of Silent Solidarity. Representing the 3,000+ voices taken by abortion every day, students choose to take a one-day vow of silence and wear red tape/armband in solidarity with those whose voices have been silenced forever.
Check with your school or work about duct taping your mouth shut due to safety reasons.
- 2019 – October 15
- 2020 – October 13
- 2021 – October 12
- 2022 – October 11
- 2023 – October 17
- 2024 – October 22
I enjoy listening to nothing but Christian Music. Camping and hiking is something that I enjoy. I guess that is because I am an Eagle Scout. Blogging is something I enjoy doing too. I have been blogging since 2004. However, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I am married with 1 daughter and 2 step-sons and a step daughter.