Praying on the Spot – Too often we are asked to pray for a matter for someone and we too often brush it off and simply reply, I will pray for it and often we don’t. The best way to be a great witness for that is to stop what you are doing and pray on the spot!
Praying on the Spot
For this blog post I am revisiting two blog posts from 2015 and combining them into this one and republishing it and also adding it into a podcast. (Stop, Drop & Pray and the other was Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Pray on the Spot A Great Way to Witness)
Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Pray on the Spot A Great Way to Witness – Praying on the spot can be the most effective way to witness to someone. Most of the time we go about our life and tell someone we will be praying for you. Chances are we may or may not. Do you want to set an impact on someone and show your faith? Stop and Pray. Yes, stop what you are doing and pray for that person and their need on the spot.
Stopping what you are doing and praying for that person shows you have a deep concern for that person. It can help show the love of Jesus Christ. Plus it shows you have a great faith by you stopping what you are doing to pray for that person and their needs.
I encourage you when someone says they have a prayer concern that you will stop what you are doing and pray for them right then and there on the spot. Don’t just say “I will be praying for you.” Just do it! Show them! Be a Christian in action not just words. (Actions don’t save us btw but sets a good example). By praying on the spot, that is putting action to what you believe. We are making a huge impact and being a witness to that person.
Actions do speak louder than words. How much better than praying for that person on the spot with that persons concern, when they ask you to pray. What a testimony for them too. Pray unashamed! Pray with boldness!
Pray without ceasing.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
Make an impact on others by taking the time to stop what you are doing just take that moment to show them you are going to pray by actually praying and honestly and sincerely pray for them on the spot right where you are. Don’t worry about what others say or do around you.
I was at an establishment (2015-2017) that I go to often. One of the waitresses knows that I am a Christian and told me about one of her friends. It got me to talk to her about things and I asked her if it was okay to pray for her friend. I also prayed for another waitress that something happened with her fiance while I was there. I prayed on the spot and out loud. It means a lot more when we pray on the spot and not say I will pray.
As a kid we were drilled if your body was to catch on fire we were to stop, drop and roll. Don’t run! Well we were going through trials that’s what it seems like we are on fire. It seems that most of the time we only pray when we really need something or we get in a storm where we feel we are on fire.
We often try to run from the storm! Running makes it worse, just like if our bodies were on fire, the running will make the flames get hotter and stronger. Did you know that Buffalo run to the storm?
EVERYBODY needs prayers. Yes! You will find people that will say don’t pray for me or I don’t need prayers. That’s a lie! They do! We all do!
That is the time we need to Stop, Drop and Pray. This shouldn’t be the only time we pray! But sadly it seems that is when most of pray. When is the last time you prayed and talked to God? Do you demand God or do you ask God for His Will? We should always pray, a non-stop communication with our creator, Father God. (See 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
We should get on our knees and talk to Him all the time. (We don’t have to get on our knees, we can pray where we are at for that fact). Not just when times seem bad. We need to praise Him in the calm and the storm. We should pray at all times as if we’re on fire even though we’re not. The enemy is always attacking us and others. We may not always see it. So let me encourage you to stop what you’re doing! Drop to your knees! And pray! Prayers just communication with God. I’m glad were able to have that intimate relationship with Him to talk to Him that.
Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Yes there is urgency in it. As none of us know when it is our time. We are never promised the very next moment. Why we should pray on the spot!
Don’t make prayer life a last resort, make it a first choice, that first line. God is first! We should also say a prayer when it seems hardest. So before the storm happens, during the storm and even after the storm …
Stop, Drop & Pray!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- National Former Prisoner of War Recognition DayNational Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day - A day to celebrate and honor former Prisoner of War men and women. National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- CDC and NIH bring COVID-19 self-testing to residents in two localesSteveZ MaskZ CDC and NIH bring COVID-19 self-testing to residents in two locales - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in collaboration with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), has launched an innovative community health initiative called “Say Yes! COVID Test” starting in Pitt County, North Carolina, and… Read more »
- CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective Benefits of the COVID-19 VaccinesSteveZ MaskZ CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective Benefits of the COVID-19 Vaccines - A new CDC study provides strong evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective in preventing SARS-CoV-2 infections in real-world conditions among health care personnel, first responders, and other essential workers. #COVID19Vaccine CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective… Read more »
- One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in TennesseeSteveZ MaskZ One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in Tennessee - Tennessee has reached a vaccination landmark of one million Tennesseans being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Approximately 22 percent have received at least one dose. One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in Tennessee appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated PeopleSteveZ MaskZ CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated People - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its travel guidance for fully vaccinated people to reflect the latest evidence and science. CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated People appeared first on SteveZ… Read more »
- 1st covid-19 vaccine done1st COVID-19 vaccine done - I share about my experience and symptoms. #Pfizer #COVID19Vaccine 1st covid-19 vaccine done appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 1st covid-19 vaccine done ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- Help Is On The Way (Maybe Midnight) by TobyMacHelp Is On The Way (Maybe Midnight) by TobyMac - This new song by TobyMac is this week's Christian Music Monday. TobyMac #HelpIsOnTheWay #MaybeMidnight Help Is On The Way (Maybe Midnight) by TobyMac appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Help Is On The Way (Maybe… Read more »
- Easter MondayEaster Monday - the day after the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Some call this day “Bright Monday” or “Renewal Monday”. Find out more about this day! #EasterMonday Easter Monday appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Easter Monday ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!