Praying on the Spot – Too often we are asked to pray for a matter for someone and we too often brush it off and simply reply, I will pray for it and often we don’t. The best way to be a great witness for that is to stop what you are doing and pray on the spot!
Praying on the Spot
For this blog post I am revisiting two blog posts from 2015 and combining them into this one and republishing it and also adding it into a podcast. (Stop, Drop & Pray and the other was Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Pray on the Spot A Great Way to Witness)
Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Pray on the Spot A Great Way to Witness – Praying on the spot can be the most effective way to witness to someone. Most of the time we go about our life and tell someone we will be praying for you. Chances are we may or may not. Do you want to set an impact on someone and show your faith? Stop and Pray. Yes, stop what you are doing and pray for that person and their need on the spot.
Stopping what you are doing and praying for that person shows you have a deep concern for that person. It can help show the love of Jesus Christ. Plus it shows you have a great faith by you stopping what you are doing to pray for that person and their needs.
I encourage you when someone says they have a prayer concern that you will stop what you are doing and pray for them right then and there on the spot. Don’t just say “I will be praying for you.” Just do it! Show them! Be a Christian in action not just words. (Actions don’t save us btw but sets a good example). By praying on the spot, that is putting action to what you believe. We are making a huge impact and being a witness to that person.
Actions do speak louder than words. How much better than praying for that person on the spot with that persons concern, when they ask you to pray. What a testimony for them too. Pray unashamed! Pray with boldness!
Pray without ceasing.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
Make an impact on others by taking the time to stop what you are doing just take that moment to show them you are going to pray by actually praying and honestly and sincerely pray for them on the spot right where you are. Don’t worry about what others say or do around you.
I was at an establishment (2015-2017) that I go to often. One of the waitresses knows that I am a Christian and told me about one of her friends. It got me to talk to her about things and I asked her if it was okay to pray for her friend. I also prayed for another waitress that something happened with her fiance while I was there. I prayed on the spot and out loud. It means a lot more when we pray on the spot and not say I will pray.
As a kid we were drilled if your body was to catch on fire we were to stop, drop and roll. Don’t run! Well we were going through trials that’s what it seems like we are on fire. It seems that most of the time we only pray when we really need something or we get in a storm where we feel we are on fire.
We often try to run from the storm! Running makes it worse, just like if our bodies were on fire, the running will make the flames get hotter and stronger. Did you know that Buffalo run to the storm?
EVERYBODY needs prayers. Yes! You will find people that will say don’t pray for me or I don’t need prayers. That’s a lie! They do! We all do!
That is the time we need to Stop, Drop and Pray. This shouldn’t be the only time we pray! But sadly it seems that is when most of pray. When is the last time you prayed and talked to God? Do you demand God or do you ask God for His Will? We should always pray, a non-stop communication with our creator, Father God. (See 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
We should get on our knees and talk to Him all the time. (We don’t have to get on our knees, we can pray where we are at for that fact). Not just when times seem bad. We need to praise Him in the calm and the storm. We should pray at all times as if we’re on fire even though we’re not. The enemy is always attacking us and others. We may not always see it. So let me encourage you to stop what you’re doing! Drop to your knees! And pray! Prayers just communication with God. I’m glad were able to have that intimate relationship with Him to talk to Him that.
Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Yes there is urgency in it. As none of us know when it is our time. We are never promised the very next moment. Why we should pray on the spot!
Don’t make prayer life a last resort, make it a first choice, that first line. God is first! We should also say a prayer when it seems hardest. So before the storm happens, during the storm and even after the storm …
Stop, Drop & Pray!
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- How Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each otherMemorial Day and Veterans Day each honor the military, though the two holidays are not the same. Never tell a veteran Happy Memorial Day! How Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each other appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at How Memorial Day and Veterans… Read more »
- 3 Memorial Day weekend travel tipsMemorial Day weekend is one of the busiest travel weekends of the year. Often referred to as "the unofficial beginning of summer," Memorial Day and the weekend that precedes it has become synonymous with beach trips and backyard barbecues. Travelers who want to avoid traffic jams and ensure their weekends… Read more »
- Billy Graham Rapid Response Team chaplains deploy to Uvalde, Texas, after 19 children killed in school shootingBilly Graham Rapid Response Team chaplains deploy to Uvalde, Texas, after 19 children killed in school shooting. #Uvalde #UvaldeTX Billy Graham Rapid Response Team chaplains deploy to Uvalde, Texas, after 19 children killed in school shooting appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Billy Graham Rapid… Read more »
- Happy Memorial DayHappy Memorial Day! Thank you to those men and women who died to protect our freedoms. Plus. Special shoutout to One that shed His blood for our ultimate freedom ... Jesus! #MemorialDay Happy Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Memorial Day ©2004-2022… Read more »
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »
- The Leaning Barn – propping me up on the leaning sideThe Leaning Barn - propping me up on the leaning side - “A pastor of a small church would occasionally call on one gentleman to pray, and every time this one particular guy would pray, he would end with the strangest statement, “And, oh Lord, prop us up on our… Read more »
- Born again not born against
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner