Praying on the Spot – Too often we are asked to pray for a matter for someone and we too often brush it off and simply reply, I will pray for it and often we don’t. The best way to be a great witness for that is to stop what you are doing and pray on the spot!
Praying on the Spot
For this blog post I am revisiting two blog posts from 2015 and combining them into this one and republishing it and also adding it into a podcast. (Stop, Drop & Pray and the other was Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Pray on the Spot A Great Way to Witness)
Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Pray on the Spot A Great Way to Witness – Praying on the spot can be the most effective way to witness to someone. Most of the time we go about our life and tell someone we will be praying for you. Chances are we may or may not. Do you want to set an impact on someone and show your faith? Stop and Pray. Yes, stop what you are doing and pray for that person and their need on the spot.
Stopping what you are doing and praying for that person shows you have a deep concern for that person. It can help show the love of Jesus Christ. Plus it shows you have a great faith by you stopping what you are doing to pray for that person and their needs.
I encourage you when someone says they have a prayer concern that you will stop what you are doing and pray for them right then and there on the spot. Don’t just say “I will be praying for you.” Just do it! Show them! Be a Christian in action not just words. (Actions don’t save us btw but sets a good example). By praying on the spot, that is putting action to what you believe. We are making a huge impact and being a witness to that person.
Actions do speak louder than words. How much better than praying for that person on the spot with that persons concern, when they ask you to pray. What a testimony for them too. Pray unashamed! Pray with boldness!
Pray without ceasing.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
Make an impact on others by taking the time to stop what you are doing just take that moment to show them you are going to pray by actually praying and honestly and sincerely pray for them on the spot right where you are. Don’t worry about what others say or do around you.
I was at an establishment (2015-2017) that I go to often. One of the waitresses knows that I am a Christian and told me about one of her friends. It got me to talk to her about things and I asked her if it was okay to pray for her friend. I also prayed for another waitress that something happened with her fiance while I was there. I prayed on the spot and out loud. It means a lot more when we pray on the spot and not say I will pray.
As a kid we were drilled if your body was to catch on fire we were to stop, drop and roll. Don’t run! Well we were going through trials that’s what it seems like we are on fire. It seems that most of the time we only pray when we really need something or we get in a storm where we feel we are on fire.
We often try to run from the storm! Running makes it worse, just like if our bodies were on fire, the running will make the flames get hotter and stronger. Did you know that Buffalo run to the storm?
EVERYBODY needs prayers. Yes! You will find people that will say don’t pray for me or I don’t need prayers. That’s a lie! They do! We all do!
That is the time we need to Stop, Drop and Pray. This shouldn’t be the only time we pray! But sadly it seems that is when most of pray. When is the last time you prayed and talked to God? Do you demand God or do you ask God for His Will? We should always pray, a non-stop communication with our creator, Father God. (See 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
We should get on our knees and talk to Him all the time. (We don’t have to get on our knees, we can pray where we are at for that fact). Not just when times seem bad. We need to praise Him in the calm and the storm. We should pray at all times as if we’re on fire even though we’re not. The enemy is always attacking us and others. We may not always see it. So let me encourage you to stop what you’re doing! Drop to your knees! And pray! Prayers just communication with God. I’m glad were able to have that intimate relationship with Him to talk to Him that.
Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Yes there is urgency in it. As none of us know when it is our time. We are never promised the very next moment. Why we should pray on the spot!
Don’t make prayer life a last resort, make it a first choice, that first line. God is first! We should also say a prayer when it seems hardest. So before the storm happens, during the storm and even after the storm …
Stop, Drop & Pray!
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Verse Mapping JournalBible Verse Mapping Journal - this Journal is used to extend and use alongside the Verse Mapping Bibles. #VerseMapping #BGBG2 #BibleGatewayPartner Verse Mapping Journal appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Verse Mapping Journal ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Verse Mapping BibleVerse Mapping Bible New International Version (NIV). Deepen Your Bible Reading and Unpack the Meaning of Scripture. Learn the Study System developed by Kristy Cambron. #VerseMapping #BGBG2 Verse Mapping Bible appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Verse Mapping Bible ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Verse Mapping Bible for Girls ReviewVerse Mapping Bible for Girls Review - This is a review of the NIV Verse Mapping Bible for Girls. Gathering the Goodness of God's Word. A Unique Way to Explore the Bible by Kristy Cambron. #VerseMapping #bgbg2 ##BibleGatewayPartner Verse Mapping Bible for Girls Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- Your Final DestinationYour Final Destination - 10 out of 10 people die! Where will your final destination be? Is your eternal destination Heaven or Hell? (Only 2 places we will go) Plus the Video & Audio Version. #FinalDestination Your Final Destination appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For Ages 12 and UpSteveZ MaskZ Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For Ages 12 and Up - The Tennessee Department of Health today announced it will begin administering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to children ages 12-15 years. #Pfizer #PfizerVaccine #COVID19Vaccine Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For Ages 12 and Up appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- Survival Kit for Law EnforcementSurvival Kit for Law Enforcement - a goody bag full of candy and messages to help show your support for your local law enforcement officers. Survival Kit for Law Enforcement appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Survival Kit for Law Enforcement ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Red Nose Day (To End Child Poverty)Red Nose Day (To End Child Poverty) - A day to raise awareness about child poverty. So put on your red nose and go nose to nose to help raises awareness! #RedNose #RedNoseDay #GoNoseToNose Red Nose Day (To End Child Poverty) appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- AscensionAscension - Is the day that Jesus ascended into Heaven which occurs the 40th day after Easter. #Ascension #bgbg2 Ascension appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Ascension ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the… Read more »
- Police Officers PrayerThis is the Police Officers Prayer #Police #PoliceOfficer #Prayer #PoliceOfficersPrayer (Lord I ask for courage. Courage to face and Police Officers Prayer appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Police Officers Prayer ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- How to handle the summer camp questions in the pandemic eraSteveZ MaskZ How to handle the summer camp questions in the pandemic era - The following are some tips for parents as they consider if camp is a good idea this summer. #SummerCamp How to handle the summer camp questions in the pandemic era appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- Tennessee Governor Bill Lee announced the end of all federally funded pandemic unemployment compensation programs in TennesseeTennessee Governor Bill Lee announced the end of all federally funded pandemic unemployment compensation programs in Tennessee, effective July 3rd. Tennessee Governor Bill Lee announced the end of all federally funded pandemic unemployment compensation programs in Tennessee appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Tennessee Governor… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!