Praying on the Spot – Too often we are asked to pray for a matter for someone and we too often brush it off and simply reply, I will pray for it and often we don’t. The best way to be a great witness for that is to stop what you are doing and pray on the spot!
Praying on the Spot
For this blog post I am revisiting two blog posts from 2015 and combining them into this one and republishing it and also adding it into a podcast. (Stop, Drop & Pray and the other was Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Pray on the Spot A Great Way to Witness)
Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Pray on the Spot A Great Way to Witness – Praying on the spot can be the most effective way to witness to someone. Most of the time we go about our life and tell someone we will be praying for you. Chances are we may or may not. Do you want to set an impact on someone and show your faith? Stop and Pray. Yes, stop what you are doing and pray for that person and their need on the spot.
Stopping what you are doing and praying for that person shows you have a deep concern for that person. It can help show the love of Jesus Christ. Plus it shows you have a great faith by you stopping what you are doing to pray for that person and their needs.
I encourage you when someone says they have a prayer concern that you will stop what you are doing and pray for them right then and there on the spot. Don’t just say “I will be praying for you.” Just do it! Show them! Be a Christian in action not just words. (Actions don’t save us btw but sets a good example). By praying on the spot, that is putting action to what you believe. We are making a huge impact and being a witness to that person.
Actions do speak louder than words. How much better than praying for that person on the spot with that persons concern, when they ask you to pray. What a testimony for them too. Pray unashamed! Pray with boldness!
Pray without ceasing.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
Make an impact on others by taking the time to stop what you are doing just take that moment to show them you are going to pray by actually praying and honestly and sincerely pray for them on the spot right where you are. Don’t worry about what others say or do around you.
I was at an establishment (2015-2017) that I go to often. One of the waitresses knows that I am a Christian and told me about one of her friends. It got me to talk to her about things and I asked her if it was okay to pray for her friend. I also prayed for another waitress that something happened with her fiance while I was there. I prayed on the spot and out loud. It means a lot more when we pray on the spot and not say I will pray.
As a kid we were drilled if your body was to catch on fire we were to stop, drop and roll. Don’t run! Well we were going through trials that’s what it seems like we are on fire. It seems that most of the time we only pray when we really need something or we get in a storm where we feel we are on fire.
We often try to run from the storm! Running makes it worse, just like if our bodies were on fire, the running will make the flames get hotter and stronger. Did you know that Buffalo run to the storm?
EVERYBODY needs prayers. Yes! You will find people that will say don’t pray for me or I don’t need prayers. That’s a lie! They do! We all do!
That is the time we need to Stop, Drop and Pray. This shouldn’t be the only time we pray! But sadly it seems that is when most of pray. When is the last time you prayed and talked to God? Do you demand God or do you ask God for His Will? We should always pray, a non-stop communication with our creator, Father God. (See 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
We should get on our knees and talk to Him all the time. (We don’t have to get on our knees, we can pray where we are at for that fact). Not just when times seem bad. We need to praise Him in the calm and the storm. We should pray at all times as if we’re on fire even though we’re not. The enemy is always attacking us and others. We may not always see it. So let me encourage you to stop what you’re doing! Drop to your knees! And pray! Prayers just communication with God. I’m glad were able to have that intimate relationship with Him to talk to Him that.
Stop & Pray! Don’t Put It Off! Yes there is urgency in it. As none of us know when it is our time. We are never promised the very next moment. Why we should pray on the spot!
Don’t make prayer life a last resort, make it a first choice, that first line. God is first! We should also say a prayer when it seems hardest. So before the storm happens, during the storm and even after the storm …
Stop, Drop & Pray!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Popular Graduation TraditionsPopular Graduation Traditions - Before the Graduation party begins it can be fun to reflect on the many traditions associated with graduation ceremonies. #Graduation Popular Graduation Traditions appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Popular Graduation Traditions ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- Adult Autism Awareness DayAdult Autism Awareness Day - An awareness day about autism in adults. #AdultAutism #Autism #AdultAutismAwarenessDay Adult Autism Awareness Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Adult Autism Awareness Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog… Read more »
- LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY - National Day of Prayer 2021 #NationalDayofPrayer #LoveLifeLiberty #Love #Life #Liberty #Prayer LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at LORD pour out Your LOVE,… Read more »
- The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the TitanicThe Rare Titanic Family, The Caldwell's, they were missionaries aboard the Titanic. Hear about their survival aboard the sinking Titanic. #Titanic #Titanic104 #RareTitanicFamily #TitanicMissionaries The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- American Sign Language DayAmerican Sign Language Day also known as ASL Day a day to celebrate American Sign Language (ASL). #ASLDAY American Sign Language Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at American Sign Language Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard TitanicJohn Harper was a baptist pastor & a hero aboard the Titanic, a ship they said wouldn't sink. Find out why he is a hero! #Titanic #Titanic104 #JohnHarper #LastTitanicHero John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at John Harper, Baptist… Read more »
- Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912 - This is the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. One if not the most deadliest maritime accidents in history. An Iceberg took out the ship no one thought could sink. This is a day of remembrance of those who lost their lives… Read more »
- Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 VaccineSteveZ MaskZ Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine - As of April 12, 2021, more than 6.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine have been administered in the U.S. CDC and FDA are reviewing data involving six reported U.S. cases of a… Read more »
- The Hand of GodThe Hand of God - With COIVD-19 it changed having guest or visitors for those needing surgeries or hospitalization. That is when some medical staff got creative using hot water and disposable gloves. #HandofGod #Brazil The Hand of God appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021 - 1-800-Flowers.com has named the sunflower as 2021’s Flower of the Year and the Prayer Plant as Plant of the Year. The Praying Plant is also known as the Maranta. #Sunflower… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!