Play-Doh Day – Day for that fun colorful putty we all loved to play with and making things out of over and over again. #PlayDoh #PlayDohDay
National Play-Doh Day is held annually on September 16 by Hasbro since 2006. While, World Play-Doh Day has been celebrated since 2015.
Two billion tubs of this putty have now been sold. This may not be including generic brands or homemade.
Play-Doh is a modeling compound used by young children for arts and crafts projects at home. It is composed of flour, water, salt, boric acid, and mineral oil. The product was first manufactured in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States, as a wallpaper cleaner in the 1930s.1
PLAY-DOH Day holiday has brought creativity and fun to fans for more than eight years, inspiring both kids and adults to use their imaginations for limitless, hands-on creative play.
“The PLAY-DOH Day holiday has brought creativity and fun to fans for more than eight years, inspiring both kids and adults to use their imaginations for limitless, hands-on creative play,” said Greg Lombardo, vice president of marketing for the PLAY-DOH brand. “From Canada to Brazil to Australia we are thrilled to bring together fans from across the globe to celebrate World PLAY-DOH Day for the first time.”
To encourage fans around the world to celebrate, here are several fun facts about the PLAY-DOH brand:
- Four colors started it all: red, blue, yellow, and white. Now the PLAY-DOH brand is available in more than 50 colors!
- The inside scoop: PLAY-DOH compound has three core ingredients: water, salt, and flour.
- To the moon: Since 1956, more than two billion PLAY-DOH cans have been sold. That’s enough PLAY-DOH compound to reach to the moon and back THREE times.
- A great year: 1956 was the year the PLAY-DOH brand was born.
- PLAY-DOH compound in dinos: The estimated weight of all PLAY-DOH compound sold is heavier than 10,000 brontosauruses.
- Around the World in PLAY-DOH compound: It would take more than 631 million PLAY-DOH cans to circle around the globe.
- PLAY-DOH compound in pennies: You can fit 172 pennies or $1.72 in one PLAY-DOH can.
- Claim to fame: PLAY-DOH compound was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame in 1998.
- Creating around the world: PLAY-DOH compound and playsets are sold in more than 80 countries.
- On The Edge: Did you know that PLAY-DOH cans are made with a tapered edge to easily stack and store empty cans to reuse again?
To enjoy the virtual parade, or to gather some inspiration for at-home celebrations, stop by the PLAY-DOH Facebook page: facebook.com/playdoh.
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.