Peanut Brittle Day – a day for that yummy crunch
Peanut Brittle Day
Peanut Brittle Day is held annually on January 26. I am not sure who made this holiday or when it first started.
I enjoy me some good peanut brittle! Don’t you?
Peanut Brittle Recipe
- 1 Cup Peanuts
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Grease large cookie sheet
- Use a
2 quartsaucepan, medium heat, bring to a boil sugar, corn syrup, salt, vanilla extract andwater.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in peanuts.
thermometerand continue cooking and stirring frequently until temperature reaches 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately stir in butter and baking soda.
- Pour at once onto cookie sheet. With a couple of forks, lift and pull peanut mixture onto cookie Sheet.
- Snap candy into pieces.
- Place in storage containers
. Enjoy! Share!
Peanut Butter Blog Posts
Or Even Peanuts!
- 50+ Things to Make with Peanut Butter
- Cajun Peanut Butter
- Health benefits of peanut butter
- History of peanuts
- Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
- Mr. Peanut 104-Years-Old dies in the upcoming Super Bowl 2020 Commercial
- Mr. Peanut Comes Back as a Baby
- No Bake Cookies
- PBJ Signage
- Peanut Brittle Day
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
- Peanut Day
First published January 25, 2019. Last updated or republished January 21, 2021.
Sell on Mercari!
Follow on Social Media
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!