On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave To Me
The carol says On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave To Me …
Twelve Drummers Drumming
According to catechism hidden meaning it means …
The twelve points of the doctrine of the Apostle’s Creed. (As shown below)
- I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth;
- And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord;
- Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary;
- Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell;
- The third day he rose again from the dead;
- He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
- From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead;
- I believe in the Holy Ghost;
- I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints;
- The forgiveness of sins;
- The resurrection of the body;
- And the life everlasting. Amen.
*This was found Online somewhere and used in a Past issue of my Christmas Newsletter, Patterson Post. Ran in these Patterson Post issues: 2005, 2006 & 2016 issue. First published January 4, 2014. Last Republished January 3, 2019.
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.