You January 5 marks the Twelfth Day of Christmas in the 12 Days of Christmas. This is the last day of the 12 Days of Christmas.
On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave To Me
The carol says On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave To Me …
Twelve Drummers Drumming
According to the catechism hidden meaning, it means …
The twelve points of the doctrine of the Apostle’s Creed. (As shown below)
- I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth;
- And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord;
- Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary;
- Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell;
- The third day he rose again from the dead;
- He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
- From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead;
- I believe in the Holy Ghost;
- I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints;
- The forgiveness of sins;
- The resurrection of the body;
- And the life everlasting. Amen.
*This was found Online somewhere and used in a Past issue of my Christmas Newsletter, Patterson Post. Ran in these Patterson Post issues: 2005, 2006 & 2016 issue. First published January 4, 2014. Last Republished December 24, 2019.