National Wreaths Across America Day – A time to Remember and Honor our Veterans during Christmas by placing wreaths on veterans graves.
National Wreaths Across America Day
This is held on the third Saturday in December of each year. This year, 2020, it is held on December 19. (See future dates below)
This holiday is a movement to cover all Veterans’ grave markers with a Christmas wreath.
In 1992, Worcester Wreath Company of Harrington started placing wreaths in Alriginton Cemetery. By 2006 the response came in greatly. In Wreaths Across America was formed in 2007. Which is a non-profit.
our fallen U.S. veterans.
those who serve.
your children the value of freedom.
Check out this printable that tells you what the wreath, berries and ivy mean.
- 2020 – December 19
- 2021 – December 18
- 2022 – December 17
- 2023 – December 16
10 Balsam Bouquets = 10 Special Qualities
This info is taken from their What is a Veterans’ Wreath poster. The Balsam Bouquets (comprising each veterans’ wreath) and Special Qualities (that our veterans embody).
- Their BELIEF in a Greater Good
- Their LOVE for Each Other
- Their STRENGTH work ethic & character
- Their HONESTY & Integrity
- Their HUMILITY, selflessness & modesty
- Their AMBITIONS & aspirations
- Their OPTIMISM for America
- Their CONCERN for the future
- Their PRIDE in their duties
- Their HOPES & DREAMS that didn’t always come true, but left them with no regrets
- Evergreens = Longevity & Endurance
- Red Bow = Great Sacrifice
- Forest Scent = Purity & Simplicity
- Circular Shape = Eternity
First published December 14, 2018. Last updated December 18, 2020.