National Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial Day – A week long day to honor our police officers and a day to remember those peace officers as well.
National Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial Day
Every day, our nation’s police officers put their lives on the line to protect our neighborhoods and keep us safe. The positive impact of their service and dedication to our communities and our country is invaluable, and we owe them the full measure of our respect and gratitude. During National Police Week, we honor the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty and recognize those who continue to serve our communities as officers of the law.
We honor the officers who lost their lives while protecting the safety of others. Our nation’s police work hard every day to ensure safety and order in our communities, and we’re grateful for their dedication, skill, courage and sacrifice.
This police recognition week is always the week of May 15, including if May 15 falls on Sunday. It always starts that Sunday and ends Saturday.
In 2021, it is May 9th to May 15th
It was in 1962, President John F. Kennedy signed a proclamation designating May 15 as Peace Officers Memorial Day and the week in which that date falls as Police Week.
It is sponsored by the Grand Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police.
Events usually include:
- Candlelight Vigil, which is sponsored by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF)
- Seminars sponsored by Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.)
- Parades in some places
Peace Officers Memorial Day
This day never changes, it is always on May 15 and held during National Police Week.
In 2018, The names of 360 U.S. law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty will be formally dedicated on the walls of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial during the 30th Annual Candlelight Vigil held on the National Mall between 4th and 7th streets in Washington, DC, on May 13, 2018.
U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen will deliver special remarks and lead in candle lighting and reading the names of the fallen officers.
Each May 13, an estimated 20,000 people assemble for the Candlelight Vigil, a signature event of National Police Week. For the tenth year, the ceremony will be streamed live over the Internet so that everyone can witness this annual tribute to America’s law enforcement officers. Individuals interested in the free webcast can register online at www.UnitedByLight.org.
Learn more on how to show appreciate to law enforcement!
“The annual Candlelight Vigil allows participants and guests to be surrounded by the strength and support of the law enforcement community, as we honor the officers who sacrificed their lives for the protection of ours, by attending the ceremony in person or by viewing it on line, Americans can show their appreciation for the officers who serve and protect their communities.”Craig W. Floyd, Chief Executive Officer of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
Police, Law Enforcement Related Blog Posts
Below are some police and law enforcement blog posts. Be sure to check them ALL out! Thank you!
- Is Church Security Biblical?
- K9 Veterans Day
- National Day of Prayer for Law Enforcement Officers
- National Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial Day
- Police Lip Sync Challenge using Christian Music
- Police Officers Prayer
- Police Prayer of the Day
- Project Blue Light
- Survival Kit for Law Enforcement
- Thank A Police Officer Day
- Why law enforcement is essential for the community
CAUTION | DO NOT CROSS | CAUTION | DO NOT CROSS
First published May 15, 2019. Last updated or republished May 7, 2021.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- Former Satanist Warns About the Dangers of HalloweenFormer Satanist Warns About the Dangers of Halloween. John Ramirez, who used to be a high-ranking priest within the Satanic Temple before miraculously having his heart opened to the Gospel, shares the story of his personal involvement with satanism and celebrating Halloween in order to warn parents of its dangers.… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly