National Name Your Car Day – If you haven’t named your car yet, this is the day to do it! #NationalNameYourCarDay #NameYourCarDay
I had one car I had was named Gizmo. I had to keep the name of it from the former owners. But the two cars we have now is Little Red (Red Nissan Sentra) and Rupert (Black Toyota Camry). One of my wife’s former car was a gold Saturn called 007 (Double O Seven). One of the church vans at Piedmont Baptist is called Faithful Blue or Old Blue.
“We name our cars because it gives us a sense of control over them.”Dr. Carole Lieberman, a psychiatrist in Beverly Hills, CA.
This day is held annually on October 2. I am not sure when or how this day got started.
- Bandit (Smokey and the Bandit)
- Batmobile (Batman)
- The Bluesmobile (The Blues Brothers)
- Bumblebee (Transformers)
- Christine (Christine)
- Daisy’s Dixie Jeep (Dukes of Hazzard)
- Daisy’s Roadrunner (Dukes of Hazzard)
- De Lorean (Back to the Future)
- Drag-U-La (Munsters)
- Ecto-1 (Ghost Busters)
- General Lee (Dukes of Hazzard)
- Greased Lightning (Grease)
- Herbie (Love Bug)
- KITT (Knight Rider)
- Lightning McQueen (Cars)
- Love Bug (Herbie the Love Bug)
- Mach 5 (Speed Racer)
- Mirth Mobile (Wayne’s World)
- Munster Coach (Munsters)
- Mystery Machine (Scooby Doo)
- Paragon Panther (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)
- Shaggin’ Wagon (Dumb & Dumber)
- Smokey (Smokey & The Bandit)
What are some other Famous Cars from TV, Movies or Cartoons?
Feel free to share them below too.
What are the name of your car(s)?
Feel free to share the name of your cars in the comments below.
First published October 2, 2018. Last updated or republished October 1, 2019.
I enjoy listening to nothing but Christian Music. Camping and hiking is something that I enjoy. I guess that is because I am an Eagle Scout. Blogging is something I enjoy doing too. I have been blogging since 2004. However, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I am married with 1 daughter and 2 step-sons and a step daughter.