National Hugging Day – Most of all of us enjoy a hug. There is just something about a hug that often can bright anyone’s day. Plus, see the benefits of Hugging, Types of Hugs and even some huggable quotes.
National Hugging Day
Because hugging is something everyone can do and because it is a healthy form of touching, this day should be spent hugging anyone who will accept a hug, especially family and friends.
“Huggies believes in the Power of Hugs to ensure that all babies get the Hugs they need to thrive, from the most delicate to the most vulnerable. No baby should go Unhugged.”Huggies
National Hugging Day a global event created in 1986 to encourage family and friends to celebrate the positive experience of hugging. This event is held annually on January 21, created by Kevin Zaborney.National Hugging Day – Most of all of us enjoy a hug. There is just something about a hug that often can bright anyone's day. Plus, see the benefits of Hugging, Types of Hugs and even some huggable quotes. Click To Tweet
HUG MAN or HUG WOMAN!
At the Comedy Barn in Pigeon Forge, TN, one of the comedians has a skit that involved one of the audience and he calls the person the Hug Man.
I go on a lot of youth trips and get to talk to youth from other churches. I will go and shake their hand and the youth will say to me, “Nope! We Hug!”
Even some youth events, I see youth with t-shirts that say FREE HUGS! And it works too! You see that young person getting a lot of hugs too!
I also grew up in a hugging family. My mom was a hugger. Even my daughter was a hugger too. I know a hug usually could help cheer you up. It also makes you feel special when someone wants a hug or gives a hug.
10 Benefits of Hugging!
- Hugs make us feel ’“happy”!
- Hugs alleviate stress!
- Babies need hugs as much as water and food!
- Hugs make us better students!
- Hugs improve our game!
- A hug a day keeps the doctor away!
- A hug stops the bug!
- A hugging heart is a healthy heart!
- A hugging couple is a happy couple!
- Hugs let someone know you care without having to say a word!
What are some other benefits of hugging? Feel free to share in the comments below.
Types of Hugs
- Front Hug
- Front to Back Hug
- Bear Hug
- Cheek Hug
- Side to Side Hug
- Heart Centered Hug
- Long Hug
- Short Hug
- Self Hug
- Warm Hug
- Polite Hug
- Greeting Hug
- Sleepy Hug
- One Armed Hug
- Awkward Hug
- Flirty Hug
- Passionate Hug
- Cuddle Hug
- One Sided Hug
What are some other types of hugs? Feel free to share in the comments below.
“Hugs are one of the reasons God gave us arms. So, stretch out your arms to someone today. Reach out to those you love. It will warm the heart of the giver and give light to the soul of the recipient.”Unknown
“A hug isUnkown
the perfectgift; one size fits all, and nobody minds if you exchange it.”
“They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything.”Bil Keane
“If you’re angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug – which is all the more reason to do so. It’s hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that’s precisely what happens when we hug each other.”Walter Anderson
“Hug your friends tight, but your enemies tighter – hug ’em so tight they can’t wiggle.”Lyndon B. Johnson
What are some of your favorite huggable quotes, feel free to share in the comments below.
Did you know there is a National Hug Your Cat Day? That is in June!
Other Hugging Holidays
- Cuddle Up Day
- Let’s Hug Day
- Hug A Bear Day
- Hug An Atheist Day
- Hug an Australian Day (April 26)
- Hug Your Sweetheart Day
- National Hug A Friend Day (April 26)
- National Hug Your Cat Day
- National Hugging Day
Hug Related Blog Posts
- A Hug Is the Perfect Gift, One Size Fits All Church Sign
- Benefits of Hugging
- How did “XO” come to symbolize kisses and hugs?
- Huggable Quotes
- Types of Hugs
First published January 19, 2018. Last republished or updated January 19, 2021.Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Follow on Social Media
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Acronym for PushAcronym for Push - This is a Christian acronym for the word Push. I did not write this but, It has been around for a while. Acronym for Push appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Push ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- 4 Omni Attributes of God4 Omni Attributes of God - In this blog post I share the four omni's of God. #Omni 4 Omni Attributes of God appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 4 Omni Attributes of God ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian… Read more »
- OmnibenevolentOmnibenevolent - One of the omni's of God. In this post I share about what omnibenevolent means. #Omnibenevolent Omnibenevolent appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Omnibenevolent ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible,… Read more »
- US Flag ordered at Half-Staff to remember those who died to COVID-19SteveZ MaskZ US Flag ordered at Half-Staff to remember those who died to COVID-19 - President Joe Biden ordered that the United States Flag be at half-staff for those who lost their life from COVID-19 during this pandemic. US Flag ordered at Half-Staff to remember those who died to COVID-19… Read more »