National Hugging Day – Most of all of us enjoy a hug. There is just something about a hug that often can bright anyone’s day. Plus, see the benefits of Hugging, Types of Hugs and even some huggable quotes.
National Hugging Day
Because hugging is something everyone can do and because it is a healthy form of touching, this day should be spent hugging anyone who will accept a hug, especially family and friends.
“Huggies believes in the Power of Hugs to ensure that all babies get the Hugs they need to thrive, from the most delicate to the most vulnerable. No baby should go Unhugged.”Huggies
National Hugging Day a global event created in 1986 to encourage family and friends to celebrate the positive experience of hugging. This event is held annually on January 21, created by Kevin Zaborney.National Hugging Day – Most of all of us enjoy a hug. There is just something about a hug that often can bright anyone's day. Plus, see the benefits of Hugging, Types of Hugs and even some huggable quotes. Click To Tweet
HUG MAN or HUG WOMAN!
At the Comedy Barn in Pigeon Forge, TN, one of the comedians has a skit that involved one of the audience and he calls the person the Hug Man.
I go on a lot of youth trips and get to talk to youth from other churches. I will go and shake their hand and the youth will say to me, “Nope! We Hug!”
Even some youth events, I see youth with t-shirts that say FREE HUGS! And it works too! You see that young person getting a lot of hugs too!
I also grew up in a hugging family. My mom was a hugger. Even my daughter was a hugger too. I know a hug usually could help cheer you up. It also makes you feel special when someone wants a hug or gives a hug.
10 Benefits of Hugging!
- Hugs make us feel ’“happy”!
- Hugs alleviate stress!
- Babies need hugs as much as water and food!
- Hugs make us better students!
- Hugs improve our game!
- A hug a day keeps the doctor away!
- A hug stops the bug!
- A hugging heart is a healthy heart!
- A hugging couple is a happy couple!
- Hugs let someone know you care without having to say a word!
What are some other benefits of hugging? Feel free to share in the comments below.
Types of Hugs
- Front Hug
- Front to Back Hug
- Bear Hug
- Cheek Hug
- Side to Side Hug
- Heart Centered Hug
- Long Hug
- Short Hug
- Self Hug
- Warm Hug
- Polite Hug
- Greeting Hug
- Sleepy Hug
- One Armed Hug
- Awkward Hug
- Flirty Hug
- Passionate Hug
- Cuddle Hug
- One Sided Hug
What are some other types of hugs? Feel free to share in the comments below.
“Hugs are one of the reasons God gave us arms. So, stretch out your arms to someone today. Reach out to those you love. It will warm the heart of the giver and give light to the soul of the recipient.”Unknown
“A hug isUnkown
the perfectgift; one size fits all, and nobody minds if you exchange it.”
“They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything.”Bil Keane
“If you’re angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug – which is all the more reason to do so. It’s hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that’s precisely what happens when we hug each other.”Walter Anderson
“Hug your friends tight, but your enemies tighter – hug ’em so tight they can’t wiggle.”Lyndon B. Johnson
What are some of your favorite huggable quotes, feel free to share in the comments below.
Did you know there is a National Hug Your Cat Day? That is in June!
Other Hugging Holidays
- Cuddle Up Day
- Let’s Hug Day
- Hug A Bear Day
- Hug An Atheist Day
- Hug an Australian Day (April 26)
- Hug Your Sweetheart Day
- National Hug A Friend Day (April 26)
- National Hug Your Cat Day
- National Hugging Day
Hug Related Blog Posts
- A Hug Is the Perfect Gift, One Size Fits All Church Sign
- Benefits of Hugging
- How did “XO” come to symbolize kisses and hugs?
- Huggable Quotes
- Types of Hugs
First published January 19, 2018. Last republished or updated January 19, 2021.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY - National Day of Prayer 2021 #NationalDayofPrayer #LoveLifeLiberty #Love #Life #Liberty #Prayer LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at LORD pour out Your LOVE,… Read more »
- The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the TitanicThe Rare Titanic Family, The Caldwell's, they were missionaries aboard the Titanic. Hear about their survival aboard the sinking Titanic. #Titanic #Titanic104 #RareTitanicFamily #TitanicMissionaries The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- American Sign Language DayAmerican Sign Language Day also known as ASL Day a day to celebrate American Sign Language (ASL). #ASLDAY American Sign Language Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at American Sign Language Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard TitanicJohn Harper was a baptist pastor & a hero aboard the Titanic, a ship they said wouldn't sink. Find out why he is a hero! #Titanic #Titanic104 #JohnHarper #LastTitanicHero John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at John Harper, Baptist… Read more »
- Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912 - This is the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. One if not the most deadliest maritime accidents in history. An Iceberg took out the ship no one thought could sink. This is a day of remembrance of those who lost their lives… Read more »
- Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 VaccineSteveZ MaskZ Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine - As of April 12, 2021, more than 6.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine have been administered in the U.S. CDC and FDA are reviewing data involving six reported U.S. cases of a… Read more »
- The Hand of GodThe Hand of God - With COIVD-19 it changed having guest or visitors for those needing surgeries or hospitalization. That is when some medical staff got creative using hot water and disposable gloves. #HandofGod #Brazil The Hand of God appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021 - 1-800-Flowers.com has named the sunflower as 2021’s Flower of the Year and the Prayer Plant as Plant of the Year. The Praying Plant is also known as the Maranta. #Sunflower… Read more »
- Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one shot of COVID-19 vaccineSteveZ MaskZ Nearly 80 percent of Pre-K-12 teachers, school staff, and childcare workers received at least their first shot of COVID-19 vaccine by the end of March, according to the CDC’s latest estimates and survey data. Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one… Read more »
- The 6 Panel Door: The Cross & The BibleThe 6 panel door is said to represents two Christian symbols. The Cross & an Open Bible. I share if this is true or not about these Cross & Bible Doors / Christian Doors. The 6 Panel Door: The Cross & The Bible appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!