National Crayon Day – Crayons, as a child we all love to color with crayons. Now there is a day for those who love to color with crayons. #NationalCrayolaCrayonDay #CrayolaCrayonDay
National Crayon Day
Held Annually, March 31, National Crayon Day is also known as Crayola Crayon Day. How this day got started is unknown to me. I couldn’t find anything while searching. But if anyone knows, feel free to share in the comments so I can update this blog post.
- Crayola makes 3 billion crayons a year.
- Edwin Binney is the one who created crayons, in 1885, having only 120 colors of crayons.
- Crayola has produced over 400 colors of crayons since 1903?
- In 1962, Crayola changed the name of the color “flesh” to “peach”
- The first Crayola crayon box sold for a nickel.
- In 2017, Crayola also retired the color, dandelion?
- Crayola has retired over 50 colors from 1990 through 2017. No word on what color will retire for 2018.
- Blue is America’s most favorite color.
- The 100-billionth crayon was made by Fred Rogers of Mister Roger’s Neighborhood in 1996.
- The color of crayon Fred Rogers created was “blue ribbon”
- Crayola’s Easton manufacturing plant produces 650 crayons per minute.
- Colour is British English for American English Color.
- Crayola makes 3 billion crayon a year, enough to circle the world six times.
- A Yale University study once found that the aroma of Crayola crayons is one of the most recognizable scents for adults.
- The largest crayon in the world, Big Blue, weighs 1500 pounds, is 15 feet long and 16 inches in diameter.
- Crayon stubs are informally known as “leftolas.”
- The average child wears down 720 crayons by their 10th birthday.
- Leftolas, broken and left over crayon pieces. (Broken Crayons Still Color!)
Any more Crayon facts I can add?
Feel free to share in the comments below!
First published March 29, 2018. Last updated or republished April 24, 2019.
A Christian Blogger that enjoys blogging about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Family, Cats, Odd Holidays and much more. I have been blogging since 2004, however, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I enjoy listening to Christian Music. I am married with 1 daughter, 2 step-sons and a step daughter.