Meaning behind Easter Lilies – Easter symbols and traditions help make the holiday familiar and special. Eggs, hot cross buns and frilly church dresses help paint the picture, and so does a delicate and beautiful white flower. #EasterLily #EasterLilies #Easter
Meaning behind Easter Lilies
The Easter lily plant is native to both Taiwan and the Ryukyu Islands of Japan. The plant’s flowering season begins in April and ends in June. The plant produces pure white flowers on top of long stems. Easter lilies often adorn homes and church altars during this time of year.
Tradition states that the Easter lily originated in the Garden of Eden from the teardrops of Eve that spread when she and Adam were cast out of the garden. These were believed to be tears of repentance.
Historians and biblical scholars say that the lily has always been highly regarded in the Christian Church. Jesus even references the flower in Luke 12:27, stating “Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.” Legend has it that, after Jesus’ death and resurrection, lilies were found growing in the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus is said to have prayed before his crucifixion. They were believed to have sprung up from a drop of sweat from his brow when his head was bent in prayer.
In Easter celebrations, the lily represents Christ’s Resurrection, and thusly new birth and new life. The delicate, white blooms can be viewed as pure, innocent and untainted by the world.
The flower itself is used in various ways to tell the resurrection story. The bulb is buried in the ground as a representation of Christ’s tomb. The trumpet-shaped fragrant flowers also announce life after death, since bulbed flowers often regrow year after year, according to the religious resource All About Jesus. And the trumpet shape signifies the angel Gabriel’s trumpet call.
It’s common for Easter lilies to decorate homes, churches, gardens, and more throughout the Easter season.
Easter Blog Posts
Below is a list of blog posts that relate to Easter. Be sure to check them all out!
- 1 Cross, 3 Nails, 4 Given Church Sign
- 8 Things Jesus Accomplished on the Cross
- A-Z of Easter, The
- Amber Alert: Jesus Christ is Missing
- Arise My Love by Newsong
- Ash Wednesday, Day of Ashes
- Body of Christ
- Breakfast Pizza
- Broken Egg
- CEO Christians Church Sign
- Cracking the Tradition of Hiding Easter Eggs
- Create and Hide Unbreakable Easter Eggs
- Cross Acronym
- Cross of Jesus
- Cross Tree
- Dogwood Tree
- Drive-Thru Easter Egg Hunt
- Dye Eggs with All Natural Ingredients
- Easter celebrations in the era of social distancing
- Easter Egg Trunk Hunt
- Easter Finger Puzzle Printable
- Easter is Canceled
- Easter Lilies Can Kill A Cat?
- Easter Monday
- Easter Story Snack Mix Printable
- Easter Sweet Treats Makes Easter Special
- Easter Symbols
- Easter Trees
- Easter Word Search Printable
- Egg Rolling
- Empty Egg
- Free Easter Printables
- Good Friday
- Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”
- Hiding Easter Eggs
- History of Easter Bonnets
- Holy Monday
- Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday
- Holy Tuesday
- Holy Wednesday
- Hot Cross Buns
- If Jesus Had An Obituary
- Importance of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- It’s Not About the Bunny Church Sign
- Jelly Bean Face Mask
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable
- Jesus Shows His Scars
- Lazarus Saturday
- Legend of the Donkey’s Cross
- Legend of the Sand Dollar Printable
- Legend of the Three Trees
- Let kites soar: A Lenten tradition takes flight
- Life Savers
- Make Easter Eggs Last
- Maundy Thursday
- Meaning Behind Easter Lilies
- No Bones About It – Jesus Is Alive!
- Palm Sunday
- Resurrection Bracelet
- Resurrection Rolls
- Searching for Christ
- Shrove Tuesday
- Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus
- Snoopy & Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Snoopy Easter Face Mask
- Son of God Movie Review
- Spy Wednesday
- Stay-At-Home Spring Printables for Kids
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- That’s My King Dr. S.M. Lockridge
- Trail to the Empty Tomb
- Truth About Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
- That Tomb Is Still Empty, Easter Story Told by Two Kids
- Unique Easter Traditions from Around the Globe
- What if the Resurrection Happened Today
- What’s So Good About Good Friday?
- Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?
- Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Words of Forgiveness by Saving Darkness
- You, Sin, Christ – A Simple Illustration
- You’ve Been Egged Printable
Article compliments of MetroCreative. TF204830 – First Published March 29, 2020. Last updated or republished March 23, 2021.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- National Former Prisoner of War Recognition DayNational Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day - A day to celebrate and honor former Prisoner of War men and women. National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- CDC and NIH bring COVID-19 self-testing to residents in two localesSteveZ MaskZ CDC and NIH bring COVID-19 self-testing to residents in two locales - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in collaboration with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), has launched an innovative community health initiative called “Say Yes! COVID Test” starting in Pitt County, North Carolina, and… Read more »
- CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective Benefits of the COVID-19 VaccinesSteveZ MaskZ CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective Benefits of the COVID-19 Vaccines - A new CDC study provides strong evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective in preventing SARS-CoV-2 infections in real-world conditions among health care personnel, first responders, and other essential workers. #COVID19Vaccine CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective… Read more »
- One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in TennesseeSteveZ MaskZ One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in Tennessee - Tennessee has reached a vaccination landmark of one million Tennesseans being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Approximately 22 percent have received at least one dose. One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in Tennessee appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated PeopleSteveZ MaskZ CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated People - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its travel guidance for fully vaccinated people to reflect the latest evidence and science. CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated People appeared first on SteveZ… Read more »
- 1st covid-19 vaccine done1st COVID-19 vaccine done - I share about my experience and symptoms. #Pfizer #COVID19Vaccine 1st covid-19 vaccine done appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 1st covid-19 vaccine done ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- Help Is On The Way (Maybe Midnight) by TobyMacHelp Is On The Way (Maybe Midnight) by TobyMac - This new song by TobyMac is this week's Christian Music Monday. TobyMac #HelpIsOnTheWay #MaybeMidnight Help Is On The Way (Maybe Midnight) by TobyMac appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Help Is On The Way (Maybe… Read more »
- Easter MondayEaster Monday - the day after the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Some call this day “Bright Monday” or “Renewal Monday”. Find out more about this day! #EasterMonday Easter Monday appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Easter Monday ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!