Lost Sock Memorial Day – a day for those lost socks that go MIA from the washer and/or dryer.
Lost Sock Memorial Day
Held annually on May 9th.
MIA means missing in action.
I’m unsure of how or when this holiday started.
That single sock who lost its mate, can now memorialize their mate with this holiday.
I remember Tupperware having an item that was supposed to help keep the sock mates together in the wash, They would be in the bucket of gadgets at parties. They looked similar to this image below.
Uses for old socks
- making sock puppets
- turn them into dust rags
- Cleaning cloths or rags
- turn them into chew toys for pets
- make wrist warmers
- make sock monkeys
- Polish car
- Protect breakables
- Polish shoes
- fill them with beans and use them for your corn hole game
- fill with rice and make a door stop
- Fill with rice to make heating / cooling pack
- open up both ends of a long sock and make a plastic bag holder
- Put a bar of soap and tie other side to use like a wash cloth for bathing or washing your hands
- White board eraser
- Put on stuffed animals
- Gauze (must be clean)
- Facial mask
- Cut them up to patch other socks or clothes
What are other uses of socks?
Feel free to share In the comments below.