It’s A Wonderful Life – Behind the Scenes – This is one of the top Christmas movies. Check out these behind the scenes facts to the popular Christmas movie, “It’s A Wonderful Life”. #ItsAWonderfulLife #WonderfulLife
It’s A Wonderful Life – Behind the Scenes
Anyone who has ever wondered what life would be like if they took a different path or made different decisions can relate to this classic Christmas film. It’s difficult to make it through the holiday season without seeing “It’s a Wonderful Life,” and many people make it a point of to view it every year. The following are some interesting tidbits about George Bailey and the film that put savings-and-loan managers on the map.
- The movie began as a short story titled “The Greatest Gift.” Writer Philip Van Dornen Stern was unsuccessful at shopping the story and turned it into a Christmas card for 200 friends and family. A producer at RKO pictures got a copy and purchased the movie rights for $10,000.
- Many now agree that Jimmy Stewart was the perfect choice to play lead character George Bailey, but studio heads originally had Carey Grant in mind for the lead. The role went to Stewart when Frank Capra signed on to the film and named Stewart his leading man.
- Although Donna Reed was a seasoned actress prior to the movie, “It’s a Wonderful Life” marked her first starring role.
- Bedford Falls, the fictional town in the movie, is reportedly based on upstate New York towns Bedford Hills and Seneca Falls. Nearby cities like Rochester and Buffalo are referenced in the movie. However, the movie was not filmed on location. It was filmed in the summertime on a back lot in the San Fernando Valley section of Los Angeles.
- The movie received a technical Academy Award for the snow effects, which were created by using a “snow” mixture of water, soap and a fire-fighting chemical called Foamite.
- The movie was not well received upon its release in 1946. The film received mixed reviews, which might surprise those who consider it a cinematic classic.
Compliments of Metro Creative. HL16A513
I enjoy listening to nothing but Christian Music. Camping and hiking is something that I enjoy. I guess that is because I am an Eagle Scout. Blogging is something I enjoy doing too. I have been blogging since 2004. However, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I am married with 1 daughter and 2 step-sons and a step daughter.