iPhone rules for my teenaged daughter – A news article was pointed out to me about a mother who had made up rules for her teenaged son to have an iPhone. So I used some of those rules, amended some, added some and such to create my list of rules for my daughter to use her iPhone. I also incorporated it to her iPod, computer and all other devices. I know first hand being a single parent is hard. I am glad that I have God on my side all of the way.
25 iPhone rules for my teenaged daughter
- It is my phone. I bought it. I pay for it. I am loaning it to you. Aren’t I the greatest?
- I will always know the password.
- If it rings, answer it. It is a phone. Say hello, use your manners. Do not ever ignore a phone call if the screen reads “Dad”. Not ever.
- Hand the phone to your dad promptly at 8:45 pm every school night & every weekend night at 10:00 pm. It will be shut off for the night and turned on again at 6:30 am. If you would not make a call to someone’s land line, wherein their parents may answer first, then do not call or text. Listen to those instincts and respect other families like we would like to be respected.
- It does not go to school with you. Have a conversation with the people you text in person. It’s a life skill.
- If it falls into the toilet, smashes on the ground, or vanishes into thin air, you are responsible for the replacement costs or repairs.
- Do not use this technology to lie, fool, or deceive another human being. Do not involve yourself in conversations that are hurtful to others. Be a good friend first!
- Do not text, email, or say anything through this device you would not say in person.
- No porn.
- Turn it off, silence it, put it away in public. Especially in a restaurant, at the movies, or while speaking with another human being. You are not a rude person; do not allow the iPhone to change that.
- It is also to be put on silent and put away during church, Bible studies, family devotions, etc.
- Do not send or receive pictures of your private parts or anyone else’s private parts. Don’t laugh. Someday you will be tempted to do this despite your high intelligence. It is risky and could ruin your teenage/college/adult life. It is always a bad idea. Cyberspace is vast and more powerful than you. And it is hard to make anything of this magnitude disappear — including a bad reputation. These pictures will stay around and be spread to a wide range of people, including people you don’t know.
- Don’t take a zillion pictures and videos. There is no need to document everything. Live your experiences. They will be stored in your memory for eternity.
- Leave your phone home sometimes and feel safe and secure in that decision. It is not alive or an extension of you. Learn to live without it. Be bigger and more powerful than FOMO — fear of missing out.
- Download only Christian music on your iPhone/iPod, etc.
- Play a game with words or puzzles or brain teasers every now and then.
- Keep your eyes up. See the world happening around you. Stare out a window. Listen to the birds. Take a walk. Wonder without googling.
- When it comes to driving, put your phone away, do not call, talk, text, surf web or anything on the phone. Doing this will result in loss of driving as well. (this apply when you get your permit and as you get older and get your driver license).
- You must maintain C average or better in all classes. Any D’s or F’s will have iPhone taken away until that grade is back to a C or better.
- You will mess up. I will take away your phone. We will sit down and talk about it. We will start over again. You & I, we are always learning. I am on your team. We are in this together.
- Chores must be kept up with too. Bedroom must stay cleaned, house vacuumed, spills cleaned up. Dishes done
- NO bad attitudes toward me or anyone!
- Do not delete messages, etc. I am subject to go through your phone at any moments notice! I will know if you delete things. I can see your message and phone log Online.
- These rules also apply to your iPod, computer usage, all electronic means
- I can change these rules with or without notice.
I included a spot on the bottom where I would sign this and she would sign this. I would have it dated. I will make 2 copies. One for me and one for her. Feedback is encouraged! What do you think? Any rules that should be added? Any taken away? Any amended? Do you have similar rules? If so, has it worked? If not do you plan to have rules like this? I would love to hear what you think.
Footnote: This was from the Greg Hoffman iPhone 18 Point Contract. It was shared to me from a friend, who got it from another person’s wall. I also updated and added to the list.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Face Masks Make Great Stocking StuffersSteve Sews Stuff Face Masks Make Great Stocking Stuffers - That's right those face masks that we have to wear, can make a nice addition to stuffing a loved ones stocking with. #StockingStuffers #FaceMasks Face Masks Make Great Stocking Stuffers appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- Pocket Tissue Holders Make Great Stocking StuffersSteve Sews Stuff Pocket Tissue Holders Make Great Stocking Stuffers # christmasstockings #pockettissueholders Pocket Tissue Holders Make Great Stocking Stuffers appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- Scrooge, An Example of a New Creation
- The Hidden Meaning of the 12 Days of Christmas (Free Printable)
- 24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge - This Bible reading challenge is great for Christmas time. Simply read one chapter of Luke per day for 24 days starting on December 1st. Then when Christmas comes you have read about the Life of Christ! #bgbg2 #Luke #GospelofLuke 24 Day Gospel of… Read more »
- It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really MeansXmas! It's Merry Christmas! But do you really know what is meant by using the Term Merry XMas? Maybe even what the letter X is in Greek or even what the labarum or Chi-Rho is? #Christmas #Xmas #XP #XT #labarum, #ChiRho It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really Means… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner