International Talk Like a Pirate Day – A great day to talk and dress up like a pirate. You can even use this day to share the gospel too.
International Talk Like a Pirate Day
Cap’n ChristianBlogR here. (don’t forget to roll the R’s) … RRRRRR!
September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. A fun holiday they set aside for people to Talk Like a Pirate. This holiday was created in 1995 by John Baur (Ol’ Chumbucket) and Mark Summers (Cap’n Slappy) of Albany, Oregon. Not to mention, this holiday started off a joke between two friends.1
Not only can you talk like a pirate, maybe you and the family can Dress up and have some fun, taking the family on an adventure. Get your pirate lingo and have a great time with the family. Plus share some Bible Stories of the Sea!
Ideas of where to go dressed up for Talk like a Pirate Day
Maybe you can take the family to a seafood restaurant dressed like pirates, like Long John Silvers as they have some free booty, read on for more details.
Maybe going on a riverboat trip or something like that dress like pirates. Or maybe take a tour of the Chattanooga Duck.
How about the family going to an Aquarium dressed like pirates.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies
- Tennessee Aquarium of Chattanooga
- God’s Creation: Ginormous Aquarium Style
(or pirate talk for treasure)
Shiver my timbers ye seafaring mateys can land some free yummy booty. Looks like lunch or dinner and dessert! See a list below.
Free Donut(s) at Krispy Kreme
Did you know that it’s Krispy Kreme usually either give you one free donut if you talk like a pirate or will give you a free dozen donuts if you’re dressed like a pirate! I dressed up one year like a pirate it was on Wednesday. On that day, I believe I went to three or four different Krispy Kreme locations. I took the donuts I got and took them to the church for the snack for that day for Team Kid. The Pigeon Forge Location no longer honors this free donut on this day, I have read. But the area Knoxville locations will.
Costume requirements for Krispy Kreme
Qualifying pirate costumes must include three pirate items. Such as an eye patch or bandana.2
Free Fish Or Chicken at Long John Silvers
Did you know that Long John Silvers is giving away free booty too. In the past, if you came in and talked like a pirate, you received one free fish (or chicken plank). If you came in dressed like a pirate, you received a 2 piece fish basket (or a 2 piece chicken basket). According to LJS website, this is the criteria to be considered dressed up.
Pirate code of dressin’ for Long John Silvers
Be sure to follow the pirate code of dressin’, or walk the plank. To qualify as “dressed like a pirate”, you must wear at least 3 pirate items:3
- Eye Patch
- Silver/Gold Hoop Earring
- Peg Leg
- Pirate Hat
- Pirate Shirt
- Parrot on Shoulder (No real birds please!)
- Skull & Crossbones/Medallion Necklace
However this year, 2017, they are giving you a free Deep Fried Twinkie. I am not sure if that would be good or not, wonder if it might be fishy tasting?
Does anyone know other places offering free food or admission if you talk or dress up like a pirate on International Talk Like A Pirate Day?
I am sure with both places, it is based on availability and not all places will participate.
You can use this day to share any number of the Bible Stories of the Sea for a complete list of Sea-related Bible stories featured on Courageous Christian Father.
You could also use this day for your family to dress up and hand out the Gospel Tracts or Gospel of John’s and witness to people.
The back of my newly designed costume reads … This pirate is a follower of Jesus Christ.
Remember not all pirates are bad. You just may come across a saved pirate.
I started my pirate costume in 2013, you can see the changes in my costume since then. I also dress for Trunk or Treats at church as well. Below is a picture of how my costume first looked.
What sounds like a parrot but is orange?
Also if you have any Christian-type buttons that I can have to add to my costume, please contact me. I would love to have some more Christian buttons to add to my costume.
Check out this Road Side Mascot I got to talk to one day, he was dressed up like a pirate.
Maybe you will want to make Pirate Pancakes.
Remember not all Pirates are evil. Some of us are Christians. The old saying Don’t judge a book by its cover. Remember God sees us by our heart.
International Talk Like a Pirate Day
is every year on September 19
Pirate & Nautical Blog Posts
Cap’N ChristianBlogR here and I am sharing some Pirate and nautical blog posts with you my readers in this list below! Feel free to check them out! This includes things about pirates, sea life, nautical, ships, lighthouses, and more.
- A Ship Rose Up Out of the Deep Sea
- Battleship Word Attack Printable
- Bible Stories of the Sea
- Burn the Ships by For King Country
- Calming of the Storm
- Family survives the Great Flood
- Fishing for Men
- God is like a Compass
- The Great Catch
- Hundreds Survive Shipwreck
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Lay your treasure … What is your treasure?
- Lighthouse Quote
- Man Swallowed by Whale & Lives
- Man Walks on Water
- My Adventure on a Pirate Ship
- Mystery Island is AiG’s VBS 2020
- National Lighthouse Day
- The Parted Waters
- Pirate Chest for Trunk-or-Treats
- Pirate Pancakes
- Pirate Ring Toss Game
- Pirate Ship Decked out for Christmas
- Pirate Themed Trunk or Treat
- Pirates had to have some kind of faith (Rosary and a Bible)
- Pirates used a Cat-O-Nine-Tails as punishment
- The Rainbow: A Covenat from God
- Sea Turned into Blood
- Sew the Sails (A Pirate’s Life)
- Sewing was an important part of lighthouse keeping
- What a confusing time to be a pirate
- What Seems Over Our Head is Under His Feet
2. Krispy Kreme
3. John John Silvers
First published September 19, 2014. Last Republished on September 1, 2021.
#ITLAPD2021 #TalkLikeAPirateDay #PirateDay #TalkLikeAPirateDa #LJPirateDay #KKPirateDay #ITLAPD #Pirate #PirateChest
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- A-Z of ThanksgivingA-Z of Thanksgiving a list of things Thanksgiving from A to Z. #Thanksgiving A-Z of Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Thanksgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- A-Z of HalloweenA-Z of Halloween this is a list of things Halloween from A-Z. #halloween A-Z of Halloween appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Halloween ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- Why do we say trick or treatWhy do we say trick or treat - Kids and adults alike cry out "trick or treat" at each house they visit. Many utter this familiar phrase without a second thought and may have no idea how this familiar custom came to be. #halloween #trickortreat #tricksortreats Why do we say… Read more »
- Bring Your Bible to School DayBring Your Bible to School Day - Students, mark your calendar for Bring your Bible to School Day. Tell your friends, family and everyone! Share this blog post so others will know about it too. Do you know that what you bring to school says a lot about you. You… Read more »
- Where were you when the world stop turning that September Day?Where were you when the world stop turning that September day? That day America was attacked by terrorist. 9/11 We will never forget. #PatriotDay #911 #September11 Where were you when the world stop turning that September Day? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Where were… Read more »
- Read through the Bible PlanRead through the Bible Plan - a YouVersion Bible App reading plan that will allow you to read the whole bible in one year. #YouVersion Read through the Bible Plan appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Read through the Bible Plan ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Nobody obeys the speed limitNobody obeys the speed limit - You can go 35 mph in the school now and people still swing by here. You can go 45 mph instructions on and still be home in by two. #speed #speeding #speedlimit Nobody obeys the speed limit appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
- International Talk Like a Pirate DayCap'n ChristianBlogR says take the family out for some free fish or chicken & free donuts! Share some Bible Stories of the Sea on International Talk Like A Pirate Day. #ITLAPD2017 #TalkLikeAPirateDay #PirateDay #TalkLikeAPirateDay #LJPirateDay #KKPirateDay #ITLAPD #Pirate International Talk Like a Pirate Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- CPR acronymCPR acronym - a Christian acronym for CPR. #CPR CPR acronym appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at CPR acronym ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!