International Talk Like a Pirate Day – A great day to talk and dress up like a pirate. You can even use this day to share the gospel too.
International Talk Like a Pirate Day
Cap’n ChristianBlogR here. (don’t forget to roll the R’s) … RRRRRR!
September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. A fun holiday they set aside for people to Talk Like a Pirate. This holiday was created in 1995 by John Baur (Ol’ Chumbucket) and Mark Summers (Cap’n Slappy) of Albany, Oregon. Not to mention, this holiday started off a joke between two friends.1
Not only can you talk like a pirate, maybe you and the family can Dress up and have some fun, taking the family on an adventure. Get your pirate lingo and have a great time with the family. Plus share some Bible Stories of the Sea!
Ideas of where to go dressed up for Talk like a Pirate Day
Maybe you can take the family to a seafood restaurant dressed like pirates, like Long John Silvers as they have some free booty, read on for more details.
Maybe going on a riverboat trip or something like that dress like pirates. Or maybe take a tour of the Chattanooga Duck.
How about the family going to an Aquarium dressed like pirates.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies
- Tennessee Aquarium of Chattanooga
- God’s Creation: Ginormous Aquarium Style
(or pirate talk for treasure)
Shiver my timbers ye seafaring mateys can land some free yummy booty. Looks like lunch or dinner and dessert! See a list below.
Free Donut(s) at Krispy Kreme
Did you know that it’s Krispy Kreme usually either give you one free donut if you talk like a pirate or will give you a free dozen donuts if you’re dressed like a pirate! I dressed up one year like a pirate it was on Wednesday. On that day, I believe I went to three or four different Krispy Kreme locations. I took the donuts I got and took them to the church for the snack for that day for Team Kid. The Pigeon Forge Location no longer honors this free donut on this day, I have read. But the area Knoxville locations will.
Costume requirements for Krispy Kreme
Qualifying pirate costumes must include three pirate items. Such as an eye patch or bandana.2
Free Fish Or Chicken at Long John Silvers
Did you know that Long John Silvers is giving away free booty too. In the past, if you came in and talked like a pirate, you received one free fish (or chicken plank). If you came in dressed like a pirate, you received a 2 piece fish basket (or a 2 piece chicken basket). According to LJS website, this is the criteria to be considered dressed up.
Pirate code of dressin’ for Long John Silvers
Be sure to follow the pirate code of dressin’, or walk the plank. To qualify as “dressed like a pirate”, you must wear at least 3 pirate items:3
- Eye Patch
- Silver/Gold Hoop Earring
- Peg Leg
- Pirate Hat
- Pirate Shirt
- Parrot on Shoulder (No real birds please!)
- Skull & Crossbones/Medallion Necklace
However this year, 2017, they are giving you a free Deep Fried Twinkie. I am not sure if that would be good or not, wonder if it might be fishy tasting?
Does anyone know other places offering free food or admission if you talk or dress up like a pirate on International Talk Like A Pirate Day?
I am sure with both places, it is based on availability and not all places will participate.
You could also use this day for your family to dress up and hand out the Gospel Tracts or Gospel of John’s and witness to people.
The back of my newly designed costume reads … This pirate is a follower of Jesus Christ.
Remember not all pirates are bad. You just may come across a saved pirate.
I started my pirate costume in 2013, you can see the changes in my costume since then. I also dress for Trunk or Treats at church as well. Below is a picture of how my costume first looked.
What sounds like a parrot but is orange?
Also if you have any Christian-type buttons that I can have to add to my costume, please contact me. I would love to have some more Christian buttons to add to my costume.
Check out this Road Side Mascot I got to talk to one day, he was dressed up like a pirate.
Maybe you will want to make Pirate Pancakes.
Remember not all Pirates are evil. Some of us are Christians. The old saying Don’t judge a book by its cover. Remember God sees us by our heart.
International Talk Like a Pirate Day
is every year on September 19
Pirate & Nautical Blog Posts
Cap’N ChristianBlogR here and I am sharing some Pirate and nautical blog posts with you my readers in this list below! Feel free to check them out! This includes things about pirates, sea life, nautical, ships, lighthouses, and more.
- A Ship Rose Up Out of the Deep Sea
- Battleship Word Attack Printable
- Bible Stories of the Sea
- Burn the Ships by For King Country
- Calming of the Storm
- Family survives the Great Flood
- Fishing for Men
- God is like a Compass
- The Great Catch
- Hundreds Survive Shipwreck
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Lay your treasure … What is your treasure?
- Lighthouse Quote
- Man Swallowed by Whale & Lives
- Man Walks on Water
- My Adventure on a Pirate Ship
- Mystery Island is AiG’s VBS 2020
- National Lighthouse Day
- The Parted Waters
- Pirate Chest for Trunk-or-Treats
- Pirate Pancakes
- Pirate Ring Toss Game
- Pirate Ship Decked out for Christmas
- Pirate Themed Trunk or Treat
- Pirates had to have some kind of faith (Rosary and a Bible)
- Pirates used a Cat-O-Nine-Tails as punishment
- The Rainbow: A Covenat from God
- Sea Turned into Blood
- Sew the Sails (A Pirate’s Life)
- Sewing was an important part of lighthouse keeping
- What a confusing time to be a pirate
- What Seems Over Our Head is Under His Feet
2. Krispy Kreme
3. John John Silvers
First published September 19, 2014. Last Republished on September 1, 2021.
#ITLAPD2021 #TalkLikeAPirateDay #PirateDay #TalkLikeAPirateDa #LJPirateDay #KKPirateDay #ITLAPD #Pirate #PirateChest
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- 46 Random Bible Verses46 Random Bible Verses - this blog post shares 46 random Bible verses. #bibleverses #bgbg2 46 Random Bible Verses appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 46 Random Bible Verses ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A Christian… Read more »
- Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 - I share some fun facts and famous birthdays for the 6th of August. #August6 Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 ©2004-2022 by Steve… Read more »
- More people burning in hell that have more of a heart for evangelizing
- Remove background in Adobe Photoshop Using Quick Action
- August – Did You Know?August, the month that is named in honor of Augustus Caesar and previously went by the name "Sextilis." #August August – Did You Know? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at August – Did You Know? ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- New Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky floodingNew Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky flooding - with all the recent rain and flooding in Kentucky, a New Testament Bible was found in the mud. New Testament Found in the mud of Kentucky flooding appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at New Testament… Read more »
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable – Jelly Bean Gospel – PrintableJelly Bean Prayer - Jelly Bean Gospel a way to use the colors of jelly beans to share the gospel. Includes free printable version! National Jelly Bean Day. #JellyBeanPrayer #JellyBeanGospel #JellyBeanDay #JellyBeans #JellyBean #Easter #prayer Jelly Bean Prayer Printable – Jelly Bean Gospel – Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian… Read more »
- National Jump for Jelly Beans DayNational Jump for Jelly Beans Day - A day to jump for joy for the love of these colorful and flavorful jelly beans. #JumpForJellyBeanDay #JellyBeans National Jump for Jelly Beans Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Jump for Jelly Beans Day ©2004-2022 by… Read more »
- Hello Fresh ReviewHello Fresh Review - I review the meal delivery program Hello Fresh. #HelloFresh Hello Fresh Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Hello Fresh Review ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible,… Read more »
- Two ways to be fooledTwo ways to be fooled - believing in something not true or not believing what is true. #truth #fooled #bgbg2 Two ways to be fooled appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Two ways to be fooled ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner