International Museum Day – a day to honor museums. We all tend to love museums of different types. We can often learn a lot at a museum too. Most museums can show history and artifacts.
International Museum Day
This holiday, International Museum Day, is held annually on or around May 18th. IMD is coordinated by the International Council of Museums (ICOM). Starting in 1977 with the goal that “Museums are an important means of cultural exchange, enrichment of cultures and development of mutual understanding, cooperation and peace among peoples.” In 2015, more than 35,000 museums participated in the event in some 145 countries.
List of Museums I have reviewed
- Alcatraz East Crime Museum – (Pigeon Forge, TN)
- Bush’s Beans Visitor Center (Dandridge, TN)
- Creation Museum – (Petersburg, KY)
- The Ark Encounter – (Williamstown, KY)
- Cooter’s Place (Gatlinburg, TN)
- Creative Discovery Museum (Chattanooga, TN)
- Titanic Bible (Pigeon Forge, TN)
- Titanic Museum (Pigeon Forge, TN)
- St. John’s Bible Exhibit (Jefferson City, TN)
- Wonder Works (Pigeon Forge, TN)
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Odditorium (Gatlinburg, TN)
- Hollywood Wax Museum (Pigeon Forge, TN)
- Museum of Salt & Pepper Shakers (Gatlinburg, TN)
Some of these places I was given complimentary ticket(s) for these reviews listed above. Others, I paid for my admission and did a review myself. Check out all the reviews of places, movies, etc. I have done.
Bold ones, are my favorites.
First published May 17, 2017. Last updated or republished May 16, 2019.
I enjoy listening to nothing but Christian Music. Camping and hiking is something that I enjoy. I guess that is because I am an Eagle Scout. Blogging is something I enjoy doing too. I have been blogging since 2004. However, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I am married with 1 daughter and 2 step-sons and a step daughter.