Hug Your Sweetheart Day – day to hug the one you love. Wait! Shouldn’t we hug the one we love every day? #HugYourSweetHeartDay
This day is held annually on August 23. I cannot find out who started this day or when it was started. But like I mentioned, we don’t need one day of the year to hug our sweetheart. We should be hugging our sweetheart each and every day!
Benefits of Hugging
- Reduces stress
- Reduces anxiety
- Relaxes Muscles
- Boosts Your Immune System
- Help Protect Against Heart Disease
- Lessen Feelings Of Isolation
- Help Fight Fear
- Pain Reliever
- Boosts Self-Esteem
- Increases Serotonin Levels
- Boost Oxycontin Levels
- Builds Trust
- Gives A Sense of Safety
- Balance Out the Nervous System
- Teach Us How to Give and Receive
These benefits are from what I came up with from researching other websites.
First published August 21, 2018. Last update or republished August 21, 2019.