How to prepare and cook pumpkin seeds – Pumpkin seeds are one delicious yet often overlooked treat. #PumpkinSeeds
How to prepare and cook pumpkin seeds
According to Healthline, an online medical resource that aims to educate readers as they pursue their health and overall well-being, pumpkin seeds provide a host of health benefits. Data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture indicates that a single cup can provide as much as 22 percent of a person’s daily recommended value of dietary fiber. In addition, pumpkin seeds are loaded with vitamin K, which plays a role in blood clotting and bone metabolisms and helps to regulate blood calcium levels.
Pumpkin seeds tend to be easily accessible come Halloween, as they’re right inside the pumpkins many who celebrate this ghoulish holiday turn into jack-o’-lanterns. When carving pumpkins this Halloween, people can forgo relegating pumpkin seeds to the garbage can in favor of cooking them. The following are some tips, courtesy of Whole Foods, to help Halloween celebrants prepare and cook pumpkin seeds.
· Remove seeds from the inner cavity.
The seeds may sometimes be covered in excess pulp. Upon removing the seeds from the inner cavity, wipe off the pulp and then spread the seeds out evenly on a paper bag, allowing them to dry overnight.
· Place the seeds in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
Once the seeds have dried, they can be placed in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Roast the seeds in the oven at a temperature between 160° and 170° F for 15 to 20 minutes. Whole Foods notes researchers found that roasting pumpkin seeds for more than 20 minutes can lead to unwanted changes in the fat structure of the seeds. To avoid such changes, make sure the seeds are not roasted for more than 20 minutes.
Once they have been roasted, the seeds can be served as-is as a delicious snack. Whole Foods notes that seeds also can be sprinkled into mixed green salads. Pumpkin seeds can even be ground with fresh garlic, parsley
Don’t forget to add a little nutrition to celebrations by roasting some pumpkin seeds.
Article Compliments of MetroCreative. TF19A312 – First published September 11, 2019. Last updated or republished November 1, 2021.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- 24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge
- It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really MeansXmas! It's Merry Christmas! But do you really know what is meant by using the Term Merry XMas? Maybe even what the letter X is in Greek or even what the labarum or Chi-Rho is? #Christmas #Xmas #XP #XT #labarum, #ChiRho It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really Means… Read more »
- Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game ShowSteve Sews Stuff Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show - these sewing items are in a stack and players take turns pulling them without having the stack fall. #thefinalstraw #sewing Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn QuiltSteve Sews Stuff I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt #barnquilt This barn quilt is exactly at mile marker 54 on Interstate 81 South in Tennessee. This is in the Jonesborough, Falls Branch, Kingsport area. I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- Happy ThanksgivingFrom Courageous Christian Father and my family to yours. I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Give God thanks for what you have and what you don't have. #thanksgiving #HappyThanksgiving Happy Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Thanksgiving ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner