I am taking this blog post to talk about honey. I mean the natural honey you can get from a local farmer not the imitation honey you find at restaurants or most grocery stores. Honey has some benefits. I want to share some with you in this blog post plus share some Bible verses talking about honey.
A Simple Guide to All Things Honey
I have used local natural honey for my allergies and it seems to help. Usually I take one to two teaspoons daily. If you cannot stand honey straight from the jar then put it on a biscuit, toast or in your hot tea.
The more local to you the better it will help. The closer to your area you live in as possible for it to work the best benefits for you. Bees pollinate and make the honey. Getting honey close to you insures you get the right pollinated honey. That way you are closer to the pollination the bees are making to truly benefit you.
A Few Bible Verses
I figured I would look into other benefits of honey and share them with you. But first here are some Bible verses on the subject. According to BibleGateway.com the word Honey is used 61 times in the New King James Version (NKJV). I will not share all of them, but I will post some here for you.
So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites. Exodus 3:8
All through Exodus as God is leading His people from Egypt to the Promise land, he mentions the Land of Milk & Honey. Plus through out several books in the Old Testament it talks about God delivering His people to the land of Honey.
‘No grain offering which you bring to the Lord shall be made with leaven, for you shall burn no leaven nor any honey in any offering to the Lord made by fire. Leviticus 2:11
When the people were to bring their first fruits and there offering as a burnt sacrifice to the high priest, honey was not one that to burn. No clear reason I have found was given.
You can find this sweet liquid mentioned in the book of Revelation too.
What related Bible verses stick out to you?
Please share in the comments any Bible verses relating to this blog post.
- Acid reflux
- Athletic Performance Booster
- Bad Breath (With Cinnamon)
- Blood Sugar
- Burn Healing
- Cough Suppressant
- Detox (Honey & Vinegar)
- Digestion (With Milk or Dairy Products)
- Hair Loss
- Hair Conditioner
- Heart Burn
- Immune Boosters
- Sleeplessness (With Milk)
- Sweetener (Sugar Replacement)
- Weight Loss (With Lemon)
- Wounds Healing
You may wish to look up each area you need extra boost and how to use it. Make sure the sight you get the info from is a highly recommended and receptacle site and not a fly by the night sight.
Do you know of any other benefits? Please feel free to share them in the comments.
Did you know?
- September is National Honey Month.
- Beekeepers don’t wear wool or leather because bees don’t like the smell of wool or leather.
- If it doesn’t say “pure” or “raw” it has been heat processed. That process kills the enzymes that are beneficial. That process removes the beeswax and pollen. The two main key ingredients that keeps honey with its benefits.
- It contains enzymes, vitamins, minerals, water and pinocembrin, an antioxidant that is associated with brain function.
- Never spoils.
- Honey bees have 170 odor receptors. (Can recognize their kin, social communities and different types of flowers including if the flower has pollen or nectar.
- Bees store up this special nectar and water from flowers in a honey stomach. When it is full they take it to an empty part of the honeycomb.
- Honeybees have 6 legs.
- Natural chemicals from the bee’s head glands evaporate and changes the nectar to honey.
- Honeybees have two compound eyes, three simple eyes.
- A Honeybee can fly for up to six miles at 15 mph.
- Honeybees have two sets of wings.
- A Honeybee visit 50 to 100 flowers during a collection trip.
- Honeybees communicate by dancing.
- The queen is the only one that can produce other bees and lay up to 2,500 eggs per day during the summer.
- Honeybees are taught how to make honey, they aren’t born knowing.
- Worker honeybees live for to six weeks in the spring and summer and live for months in the winter.
- A colony of bees can consist of 20,000-60,000 or more honeybees, but only one queen.
- Honeycombs, composed of hexagonal cells with walls that are about 2/1000 inch thick, but support 25 times their own weight.
Do you know of any other facts? Please feel free to share them in the comments.
Not all of these benefits will work for everyone. Use at your own discretion. Not all facts are proven this is just things that people have shared honey helps with. Honey should never be given to infants. Consult your family doctor before you try any natural cures such as using honey. Honey should also be used only in moderation too.
First published April 27, 2015. Last updated or republished on May 5, 2017.
I enjoy listening to nothing but Christian Music. Camping and hiking is something that I enjoy. I guess that is because I am an Eagle Scout. Blogging is something I enjoy doing too. I have been blogging since 2004. However, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I am married with 1 daughter and 2 step-sons and a step daughter.