Happy Easter “Resurrection Day” – From my family to your family, Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”. Some call it “Resurrection Sunday”. Remember today is not about the Easter Bunny or Easter Eggs. Today is a Holy Day. It is Resurrection Day. The day where Jesus Christ arose from the grave and conquered death. He also paid the debt for our sins. He was crucified & died on an old wooden cross just three days ago on Good Friday. Then he arose from the dead. This day is known as Resurrection Day, some call it Easter Day.
Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”
It is not about the Easter Bunny or even Easter Eggs or Easter Baskets, it is all about our Risen Savior, Jesus Christ!
This is one the days when the most people attend church. (Christmas being the other day)
A festive and celebratory day for Christians, Easter Sunday is a time for sharing the good news of Jesus’ resurrection. His body is discovered missing from the tomb, and Jesus appears to his followers again showing proof that He is alive. Typically, Easter Sunday is one of the most well-attended Sunday services for Christians. It also is a day to spend with family, and many families share large meals to mark the end of the Lenten season.
In the youth group, in 2015, the pastor’s wife (Amy Neal) asked the middle school youth of Piedmont Baptist, what Easter meant to them. A lot of them said Family and Food. I even heard one say Freedom. I said Forgiveness. So where are some F’s of Easter.
5 F’s of Easter
During Easter, we usually celebrate with family and good food, but Easter also gave us freedom from sin. Plus forgiveness of sin from Jesus die on the Cross.
The tomb in which Jesus was buried was sealed with the Roman Seal. Anyone who broke it was put to death. Plus it was guarded by Roman Soldiers. The Jewish Religious Leaders didn’t want the body of Christ to be stolen because of what Christ was telling them He would arise 3 days later. They wanted to make sure to try to prove that he wasn’t the Messiah. But, we all know what happened 3 days later!
Mary & Other Women
Mary and other women went to go to the tomb of Jesus to anoint Him. As they got there they noticed the stone was rolled away and his body not there. There was even a great earthquake and an angel came to them and said why do you seek the living among the dead. The guards even were shaking with fear. It says they became like dead men. This shows that we serve a risen Savior. Then the women remembered the words of Christ that He would arise 3 days later. These women were Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them. On their journey to tell the disciples Jesus met the ladies and showed himself to them. They went and told Peter, but Peter didn’t believe the ladies. He actually ran to the tomb to see for himself.
Even the guards went back to the chief priest and religious leaders with reports of what just occurred. The chief priest bribed the guards to lie and say the disciples stole his body.
Road to Emmaus
Meanwhile, two men, were traveling down the road to Emmaus. Jesus started to walk and talk with these two men. These two men didn’t know it was Jesus walking with them. These two men were talking about the death of Jesus as it was. As the two disciples drew near to the town, they asked Jesus, mind you they didn’t know it was Him, to stay with them for night was drawing near. When Jesus broke bread at the table, all of the disciples were together at this time, that they knew who he was. Their eyes opened to who He was. Just like the lost they were once blind, but once they see Jesus they now can see. The disciples thought he was a spirit, they were frightened.
Disciples seeing spirits?
This was not the first time the disciples thought he was a spirit. He showed them his hands and feet and yet they still did not believe. Even Thomas had to put his hands through the holes in Jesus. He even ate in front of them to show them He is alive. Jesus also shared scriptures to them so that they may believe. He told them that repentance must be done in the name of Jesus for remission, or forgiveness of sin. This was also the start of the great commission. That we were called to share Christ with others to be a bold witness for Him. Remember he showed himself to the remaining 11 disciples. Judas hung himself because of his betrayal of Jesus.
This is also where forgiveness of sins came in. Check out that blog post to read more about forgiveness.
After all of this Christ ascended up to Heaven and now sits on the right hand of God. Christ makes intercession for us to the Father. He is the only way to the Father. (John 14:6 & Hebrews 7:25 & Romans 8:34)
For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, He cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. Romans 6:9
You can read about the accounts of the resurrection:
I would actually read the chapter before these listed below since they deal with the death and burial of Jesus Christ. These deal with the resurrection. Reading in context like that helps you get a better understanding of what is going on.
- Luke 24:1-53
- Matthew 28:1-20
- John 20:1-30
- Mark 16:1-20
Again, I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”!
A list of events that lead up to Easter.
Easter Blog Posts
Below is a list of blog posts that relate to Easter. Be sure to check them all out!
- 1 Cross, 3 Nails, 4 Given Church Sign
- 8 Things Jesus Accomplished on the Cross
- A-Z of Easter, The
- Amber Alert: Jesus Christ is Missing
- Arise My Love by Newsong
- Ash Wednesday, Day of Ashes
- Body of Christ
- Breakfast Pizza
- Broken Egg
- CEO Christians Church Sign
- Cracking the Tradition of Hiding Easter Eggs
- Create and Hide Unbreakable Easter Eggs
- Cross Acronym
- Cross of Jesus
- Cross Tree
- Dogwood Tree
- Drive-Thru Easter Egg Hunt
- Dye Eggs with All Natural Ingredients
- Easter celebrations in the era of social distancing
- Easter Egg Trunk Hunt
- Easter Finger Puzzle Printable
- Easter is Canceled
- Easter Lilies Can Kill A Cat?
- Easter Monday
- Easter Story Snack Mix Printable
- Easter Sweet Treats Makes Easter Special
- Easter Symbols
- Easter Trees
- Easter Word Search Printable
- Egg Rolling
- Empty Egg
- Free Easter Printables
- Good Friday
- Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”
- Hiding Easter Eggs
- History of Easter Bonnets
- Holy Monday
- Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday
- Holy Tuesday
- Holy Wednesday
- Hot Cross Buns
- If Jesus Had An Obituary
- Importance of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- It’s Not About the Bunny Church Sign
- Jelly Bean Face Mask
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable
- Jesus Shows His Scars
- Lazarus Saturday
- Legend of the Donkey’s Cross
- Legend of the Sand Dollar Printable
- Legend of the Three Trees
- Let kites soar: A Lenten tradition takes flight
- Life Savers
- Make Easter Eggs Last
- Maundy Thursday
- Meaning Behind Easter Lilies
- No Bones About It – Jesus Is Alive!
- Palm Sunday
- Resurrection Bracelet
- Resurrection Rolls
- Searching for Christ
- Shrove Tuesday
- Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus
- Snoopy & Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Snoopy Easter Face Mask
- Son of God Movie Review
- Spy Wednesday
- Stay-At-Home Spring Printables for Kids
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- That’s My King Dr. S.M. Lockridge
- Trail to the Empty Tomb
- Truth About Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
- That Tomb Is Still Empty, Easter Story Told by Two Kids
- Unique Easter Traditions from Around the Globe
- What if the Resurrection Happened Today
- What’s So Good About Good Friday?
- Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?
- Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Words of Forgiveness by Saving Darkness
- You, Sin, Christ – A Simple Illustration
- You’ve Been Egged Printable
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- National Former Prisoner of War Recognition DayNational Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day - A day to celebrate and honor former Prisoner of War men and women. National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- CDC and NIH bring COVID-19 self-testing to residents in two localesSteveZ MaskZ CDC and NIH bring COVID-19 self-testing to residents in two locales - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in collaboration with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), has launched an innovative community health initiative called “Say Yes! COVID Test” starting in Pitt County, North Carolina, and… Read more »
- CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective Benefits of the COVID-19 VaccinesSteveZ MaskZ CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective Benefits of the COVID-19 Vaccines - A new CDC study provides strong evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective in preventing SARS-CoV-2 infections in real-world conditions among health care personnel, first responders, and other essential workers. #COVID19Vaccine CDC Real-World Study Confirms Protective… Read more »
- One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in TennesseeSteveZ MaskZ One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in Tennessee - Tennessee has reached a vaccination landmark of one million Tennesseans being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Approximately 22 percent have received at least one dose. One Million People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 in Tennessee appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated PeopleSteveZ MaskZ CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated People - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its travel guidance for fully vaccinated people to reflect the latest evidence and science. CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated People appeared first on SteveZ… Read more »
- 1st covid-19 vaccine done1st COVID-19 vaccine done - I share about my experience and symptoms. #Pfizer #COVID19Vaccine 1st covid-19 vaccine done appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 1st covid-19 vaccine done ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- Help Is On The Way (Maybe Midnight) by TobyMacHelp Is On The Way (Maybe Midnight) by TobyMac - This new song by TobyMac is this week's Christian Music Monday. TobyMac #HelpIsOnTheWay #MaybeMidnight Help Is On The Way (Maybe Midnight) by TobyMac appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Help Is On The Way (Maybe… Read more »
- Easter MondayEaster Monday - the day after the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Some call this day “Bright Monday” or “Renewal Monday”. Find out more about this day! #EasterMonday Easter Monday appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Easter Monday ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
First published April 5, 2015. Last Republished or updated on April 4, 2021.